Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Zeno

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Zeno
Ciara
Neophyte
Member # 33032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ciara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard about this thing called a Zeno, that is a little battery opperated gadget that sends a controled amount of heat out when placed on a zit and killed the bactreria, it also says it was 90% affective in clinical studies, I just wanted to know if any of you gals and guys had tried it out and if so how well does it work? My face is driving me mad! And while it is not directly responsible it does contribute to my moods. I'm sure everyone feels like that somtimes...

--------------------
Loving Life, Riding the road. Mitakuye Oyasin!

Posts: 15 | From: Rome Ga | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you seen a dermatologist or even your general doctor about your acne, Ciara? That's really the best step to take if OTC treatments aren't controlling your acne, or if you feel it's affecting your life.

Personally? I think the Zeno machine is a rip-off; it's on the expensive side, not to mention the manufacturer was crappy enough to only provide a measured amount of "zaps" per replacement kit. In my opinion, they did this just because it keeps the money rolling in from people buying replacement kits, not because they have a genuine desire to help acne sufferers.

But, by all means, get the opinions of others! Asking you doctor/dermatologist what they think of it would be a some good input, too. [Smile]

[ 03-12-2007, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Miss Lauren ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
splishysplash
Activist
Member # 32875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for splishysplash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry, Miss Lauren, to contradict you LOL.

i've used the zeno, and it honestly does help. i use it on various pimples a day before a party, but only on larger, individual ones.

good luck [Smile] but for sure, i would recommend topical creams and such, because zeno certainly works, but it's fairly (haha) expensive.

--------------------
it's better to have something to remember, than nothing to forget - frank zappa

Posts: 55 | From: miami | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't intend my opinion to come across as law, so no worries. [Wink]

Glad to hear it works for you. For sure, there's no doubting that it can be great to treat existing blemishes, and I've heard from several people that have had success.

But I don't believe it's nearly the cure they're toting it to be, since it only treats pimples that have come to the surface, whereas other treatments prevent them in the first place. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
splishysplash
Activist
Member # 32875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for splishysplash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i completely agree - it's one of the things that certainly isn't to "treat" acne; i think it's one of the items to purchase in a situation where you need to get rid of a few here and there before a big day.

the zeno certainly doesn't prevent pimples or acne, and only treats pimples that have risen to the surface. thanks for pointing that out - i hadn't realized to write that.

--------------------
it's better to have something to remember, than nothing to forget - frank zappa

Posts: 55 | From: miami | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ciara
Neophyte
Member # 33032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ciara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks you guys, I'm glad you took the time to reply. And thanks for the advice Miss Lauren, my insurance won't cover a dermatologist and everything I've gotten from my family doctor has just dried me out, and didn't help with the blemishes even when using moisturizers. The Zeno is really expensive though, which is why I posted this. Again, thanks and you guys rock!

--------------------
Loving Life, Riding the road. Mitakuye Oyasin!

Posts: 15 | From: Rome Ga | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.