Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » i abuse sleeping pills

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i abuse sleeping pills
snarky
Neophyte
Member # 31948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snarky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and after forgetting half of my night, vomitting, and then finding out later that i acted "really weird" in front of people, i'm still tempted to do it again.

i don't know what to do. i have hobbies, great friends, and a concerned family. i haven't told anybody what's up because i'm embarrassed. is there a hotline i can call?

Posts: 39 | From: los angeles | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi snarky,

It's ok. Please do look into getting help-- it's out there. Your situation certainly isn't uncommon and not something to be afraid of telling people you trust, especially telling will help them help you. I'm looking up a hotline for you (any hotlline specializing in substance abuse/teen substance abuse would be appropriate. Here are some websites: http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/dc/caz/suba/tnsa/tshotline.jsp

Here's a number I found that seems appropriate. And they can certainly refer you to a different place, too, if necessary. Please don't hestitate to call -- they're there for you. I'll be back tomorrow to write more. Hang in there.

National Youth Crisis Hotline 1 800 448-4663

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snarky
Neophyte
Member # 31948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snarky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey ecofem, thanks for your help. i told one of my friends because he's experienced drug addiction in the past so it made me feel a bit better to get it out there.

it's really easy for me to get stoned / drunk / whatever because i only weigh close to 110 lbs and the ambien cr pills i was taking were 12mg. when i really think about it, it gets a little frightening, which should be a good sign, right?

the hotline you listed didn't work, so i'll take a look at that website.

Posts: 39 | From: los angeles | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again, snarky [Smile] Thanks for checking back in. I'll go ask other volunteers for a good hotline (that works this time!) I agree: Being aware of your low tolerance/worried about it being a problem IS a good sign.
Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Snarky. I actually have used this number myself when in crisis; they're very professional and deal with all sorts of problems with youth.

You can call their NINELINE 1-800-999-9999 right now, or you can visit their website first, which provides ways to correspond with them via email or forum if you feel more comfortable with that, or just want to scope them out:

http://www.covenanthouse.org/nineline/index.html

Good for you for taking that step. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd also suggest picking one friend you can tell: hopefully the one you can think of who will be the most compassionate.

When you have a dependency or a self-abusive issue, silence and secrecy just rteally, really isn't your friend. So even having one person you can just say the words to, and even more ideally, maybe one person to help keep an eye out for you, help you get rid of pills and help you keep from them, etc. is often profoundly helpful.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67942 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.