Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » my body.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my body.
Emily jean
Neophyte
Member # 32833

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Emily jean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am a little insecure about my genital area... my labia minora is enlarged. at the beggining of puberty it started getting bigger on both sides. i was wondering if this is normal. and when/if i have sex with my boyfriend will he think its weird, will he be grossed out by it?

--------------------
love,
emily.

Posts: 1 | From: washington | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I am wondering what you're basing this observation on. Who are you comparing yourself to? Because really, labias (just like all the other parts of the body) come in all shapes and sizes and all sorts of variations of normal. So really, I can assure you that you have nothing to worry about.

And any boy who is immature enough to be 'grossed out' by the sight of your genitals? Isn't a boy you'd want to sleep with, anyway.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(A better spot for this would be Body and Soul. I'll send you on over there. [Smile] )
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennifer0246
Neophyte
Member # 32726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jennifer0246     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every body is different, that's what makes us special and cool! Think of noses - your nose likely doesn't look like your best friends, or your neighbors, or the lady at the grocery stores. It looks like a nose, to be sure, but not exactly like everybody else's.

Labia are exactly the same -- they look like labia (it'd be strange if they looked like elbows!), but not exactly the same as anybody else's. There are websites featuring pictures of real women's bodies that might be helpful for you to check out - you can check out the Everyday Bodies Project at VP (http://community.livejournal.com/vaginapagina/9358497.html) for one such example.

--------------------
http://jennifer0246.livejournal.com/

moderator, maintainer, and women's health geek @ vaginapagina.com

Posts: 16 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-arsyn-
Neophyte
Member # 27744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -arsyn-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
jennifer, just so you know that Livejournal entry is "protected" and I don't think any of us can view it. [Razz]
Posts: 35 | From: Oregon | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Acutally, for security reasons, we don't allow users to post person information that could be used to get in contact with them. It does appear that we can't access the journal, but Jennifer, I'd ask you to remove it from your sig anyway.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faerie88
Neophyte
Member # 33122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faerie88         Edit/Delete Post 
[edited because links of this nature are totally against the guidelines - ST is strictly a PG-13 boards, and that includes linking to only other PG-13 and under sites. Please be more aware of this in the future.]

[ 03-18-2007, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: wobblyheadedjane ]

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ciara
Neophyte
Member # 33032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ciara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you don't feel like you are alone, I was self conscious about that area too, for a long time. I have a birthmark, right there like a big red blotch on my labia majora, but I had a boyfriend and we got very close so I told him about this. He laughed, but he was not being mean, he said that no one would care a whit about it and if they did they were silly. So that is my advice to you if you don't worry about it no one else will and then you will forget. Just love yourself the way you were made, because you ARE special and no one else can ever be you.

--------------------
Loving Life, Riding the road. Mitakuye Oyasin!

Posts: 15 | From: Rome Ga | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.