Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Fetish

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fetish
Rini
Neophyte
Member # 31522

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Rini         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there. I have a problem with a fetish. I haven't been able to admit it to anyone, especially my boyfriend, because I am too embarassed. I've had this fetish since early childhood. When I masturbate and think of this fetish, and I reach a really great orgasim. The thing is, I can't seem to orgasim without thinking of my fetish!

I was wondering if there is a way to "get rid" of fetishes. I am not interested in keeping these "problem fantasies" any longer. (Too embarassing!!) ...can anyone help me?

Thanks so much in advance.

Posts: 7 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantasies, especially sexual fantasies, are nothing to be embarassed about or concerned - if they're a more troubling one, it's still worth considering that they're fantasies, and not realities. There's nothing that says you have to share them with anyone if you're embarassed, and if it's primarily an aspect of solo sex (masturbation) then no need for your boyfriend to know either.

If you feel like being a little more specific, we might be able to help further but as it stands, fantasies are a part of everyone's sex life.

(And just a wee note, fetishes are objects/acts that people often *must* have as a part of their sexual gratification, like shoes or ping pong paddles, or what have you, while fantasies tend to reside more in the head. Again, I'm not sure which applies to you more without more info, but thought you might like to know the distinction.)

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gothicguy
Neophyte
Member # 32417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gothicguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rini:
I was wondering if there is a way to "get rid" of fetishes. I am not interested in keeping these "problem fantasies" any longer. (Too embarassing!!) ...can anyone help me?

Generally no, though in extreme cases intensive therapy may help you control them. Unless the fetish is dangerous to yourself or others, then its generally psychologically healthier to accept it, and find sympathetic partners who will enjoy it with you.

If you'd said what the fetish was, I'd be able to give you more specific advice. You can always PM me if it's too embarrassing for public posting.

GothicGuy

--------------------
SSC is a good idea for vanilla people too!

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM's are disabled for everyone's safety. If it's too embarassing to post here, you'll have to save it for your therapist.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.