Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Overbearing stress

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Overbearing stress
sovereign
Neophyte
Member # 28091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sovereign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else suffer from anxiety/stress? i'm really alone here I don't have any female friends to talk with and I can't talk to any of my male friends as we arn't close enough let alone comfortable with talking about personal stuff.
I can't tell my Fiancé - he has enough to worry about.
I just feel so overwhelmed. I cry myself to sleep each night and I don't know why. I don't even know if it's stress for sure. the doctors keep throwing diagnoses at me, without even testing me. I was told I was anorexic - impossible
I had Cyclic vomiting syndrome, and that I was anemic
I get so scared and worried I just need a reliable person to talk to.
My head is killing me and I can't think straight without breaking into a sweat and my heart rate going crazy

Posts: 17 | From: Wales | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, hugs to you. I just went through a diagnosis of anxiety, and man, let me tell you, it's no fun. But the bright side is there's hope and help out there. Are you in school? Do you have a trusted counselor/family member/teacher you could speak to about this? Clearly, you're seeing a doctor, but it's not doing much good. How about we work through putting together a plan (we can even help you script it if you find speaking up at the doctor's intimidating) asking what they think is going on, and why they're treating you for things without going through the proper tests. Know that you're fully within your rights to seek a second, or third opinion too.

So, let's start forming a game plan to get you some help, okay? Tell us a little more about resources you have to hand and if you want us (we have some UK mods here) to find some more resources for you if need be.

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sovereign
Neophyte
Member # 28091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sovereign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I guess I'd better tell you the full story so's you know where I am.
Last year I finished my GCSE coursework, and suffered extreme anxiety. I was vomiting heavily every day at 5am, up to my eyeballs in depression (in my family we don't talk about feelings, or emotions, so telling my parents that I was feeling so scared, alone and depressed was a major factor)
I couldn't eat more than a piece of toast without throwing up, and days out became a rarity as I was too scared to go out and risk fainting or vomiting.
I went to the doctor, who told me I had Cyclic vomiting syndrome. no tests were taken to make sure this was right, he just printed some stuff off the internet, and that was that. Naturally I researched it and found out that the sufferers often had it for life. this didn't help the depression. I thought I'd live out my days with my head in the toilet. I had no friends (they all left me when it was the same old "I'm too sick to do that/come out" story)
Eventually it subsided and by November, I met jake. He and I were just as bad nerves wise and we kind of stuck together, I finally had someone to lean on. I kept going back to the doctor saying I feel better etc. Now I'm in College the work load is picking up again. It's not easy. We've had a project in stating we have to invent something, design it, and make it ourselves. It's the hardest project we will get this year, and has been teamed with a programming essay, also the most difficult thing we'll be asked to do. I've ben put out of a job, thanks to the council, I have no money, nor do my parents (we all worked in the same place before they let us go) and my Fiancé's grandfather - the most important man in his life has very advanced testicular cancer. He is also starting up his fourth business (the others failed. God help us if this one doesn't do so well.) I can't cope with any more stress. The incredible pain is coming back, constipation, panic attacks, emotional ness, and frankly, I don't want to keep telling Jake the same **** over again. I'm sure he'll get tired of "Jake, I'm really in pain" some day. problem is, it won't stop. this isn't making much sense. I feel so run down. He can't cope with the worry and seeing me ill and upset. and I can't cope with any of it.

Posts: 17 | From: Wales | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.