Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » masterbation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: masterbation
jenz
Neophyte
Member # 31912

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jenz         Edit/Delete Post 
is sticking your finger up you vulva/vagina and feeling your clitoris considered masterbation? in your opinion will you loose your virginity?

[ 12-20-2006, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: jenz ]

Posts: 3 | From: California | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, touching your genitals for pleasure is considered masturbation.

And virginity is a social concept, not a medical condition, so that's up for you to decide. In general, though, most people associate virginity with partnered sexual activity.

Check out our article on masturbation for more information: Is Masturbation Okay?

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kluekozyte
Activist
Member # 29511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kluekozyte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember being confused about what masturbation was back in fifth or sixth grade. I used to touch my penis now and then, just cause it was there, and I wondered if that was masturbation. In my opinion NOW, looking back on it, it wasn't, because I had no sexual or pleasurable intent to my touching. It was just like fiddling with any other body part- earlobe or toe or whatever. Then one day I discovered that it felt good in a different way - a way that would eventually lead to orgasm. That's when (by my definition) I started masturbating.

So it depends why you're touching yourself.

BUT, it really doesn't matter whether you call it masturbation or not, because mastubation is fantastic and so is not masturbating. It's a personal thing, and the taste for it and even understanding of it is just as personal.

Posts: 84 | From: NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilah
Neophyte
Member # 32050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say that yes it qualifies as masturbation, but I don't think masturbation as wrong, nor do I think it makes someone not a virgin, however "virginity" is a concept. I know someone that wouldn't use tampons becuase she didn't want to lose her virginity. To her it made sense. I thought it was kind of silly. As a society though I think the widely agreed upon definition is someone that hasn't had sexual intercourse with another person. Anyone I know that masturbates but has never had sex qualifies as a virgin in my book. Some people think that if the hymen is broken, it means someone is not a virgin, and that's probably why my one friend wouldn't use tampons. However, there are a lot of reasons that are not sexual that your hymen could be broken. My little sister actually slipped in her bedroom after coming out of the shower wearing only a towel, and fell onto a radio antennae which... I don't need to go into more detail, you can imagine what happened. She was ok, but I'm sure it broke her hymen. She still calls herself a virgin and so does everyone else.
Posts: 7 | From: HI | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.