Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Can't orgasm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't orgasm?
None
Neophyte
Member # 30806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for None     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 16 now,with a slight issue. I can't seem to orgasm, although there are times when I feel like I'm at the brink of it when my boyfriend fingers me. Although, it just won't happen. I'll be at the very edge the entire time, but I can't bring myself to orgasm. Is there anything wrong? Am I not doing something I should be? Any tips?
Posts: 13 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you orgasm when you masturbate? Do you masturbate? If not, that's a good place to start. Getting to know your body on your own takes some of the pressure off and helps you figure out what you like and what works for you. Once you have solo sex down, orgasm during partnered sex is much easier.

These articles go into more detail:
Sexual Response and Orgasm: A User's Guide
Is Masturbation Okay? (Yep)

[ 11-25-2006, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: ookuotoe ]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmileyGuy1974
Activist
Member # 31422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmileyGuy1974     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None,

Also consider the amount of clitoral stimulation that you are receiving. Stimulating the walls of the vagina with a finger can feel wonderful, but many women report that direct stimulation of the clitoris is what gets them to climax.

Many research studies have been done to further understand the role the clitoris plays in female sexual response. But what I've learned by reading all of those facts and figures is one simple thing...that the clitoris can play a marvelous part in achieving greater sexual pleasure.

However, don't forget all of the other erogenous zones on your body. Some people get caught up with just intercourse, or just clitoral stimulation. Remember...sex is a whole body experience. The nape of the neck, the elbows, the labia, the breasts, around the navel, etc, etc. All of these places form a variety of combinations that you or a partner can explore for a beautiful voyage.

Good luck.

[ 12-02-2006, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: SmileyGuy1974 ]

Posts: 71 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jman13
Neophyte
Member # 28012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jman13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to use the 'some girls cannot orgasm' on a girl the age of only 16, but if it doesnt happen it doesnt happen and it is something you shouldn't worry about. Try not thinking about the orgasm and think about the pleasure that you feel, or the actual sex and other erotic feelings, one of the first rules about orgasming is to not think about orgasming, and hopefully it will happen when you arent expecting it. And even if it doesnt happen then you will still be able to just enjoy sex.
Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to use the 'some girls cannot orgasm' on a girl the age of only 16,

Just to clarify - unless someone has certain nervous system injuries, like spinal cord damage or diabetic neuropathy, there's no case for saying that they can't orgasm.

And it's very common for women to take some time to get to know their bodies' responses and learn how to orgasm.

However, Jman13's advice about not obsessing about it and "spectatoring" is very sensible - constantly monitoring yourself to see if you might be about to orgasm is a pretty reliable way to make sure you won't!

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meg11
Neophyte
Member # 30605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meg11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will tell you what some one told me when i had never orgasmed and thought i never would and was one of those people who they talk about on tv shows who "never orgasm". There is NO way you cant orgasm from clitoral stimulation.
Of course sometimes it takes for ever.. or sometimes i feels like you cant so you give up because it is exhausting being on the brink.
The thing i realised about clitoral orgasms is.. you really have to find out how you orgasm. What it feels like as it builds up and to continue doing the same thing you are doing that has brought you to the brink. Often it feels like you should be about to but you just dont, dont give up just find another pattern of stimulation.
Im not recommending this.. but if you have never had an orgasm.. when i had never had an orgasm and was pretty distressed about it, this same friend told me to use and electric tooth brush, without the head on. Through underwear, you dont want to hurt yourself. Its the same as a vibrator but it doesnt cost so much and isnt going to be found by parents if you are worried. This is what gave me my first orgasm and helped me discover how to do it myself. Through doing it myself i realised how hard it really cold be for a guy trying to bring a woman to orgasm. SO you should really talk with your boyfriend through it to help you achieve it and to help him know what to do and feel confident in himself.
If you were refering to vaginal orgasm.. then i cant be much help. I know that when you hear "some people never orgasm" This is the type of orgasm they are refering to. To know that you cant NOT have one once you have found out the right way to stimulate yourself helps to actually bring yourself to orgasm. and i agree with everything already said. Try not to think about orgasming, just think about how good he is making you feel. Dont stress yourself or be tense, because it will happen, maybe not immediatly, but thats nothing to worry about. Most boyfriends and girlfriends take a while to figure each other out.

Posts: 15 | From: america | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.