Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » ummm need help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ummm need help?
Hannah1313
Neophyte
Member # 31267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hannah1313     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so I came upon this website just recently...(like 30 minutes ago and registered and stuff) and I wanted to ask a question. I am really shy, and never had a boyfriend, and all my other friends have...and i know this sounds soo stupid and dumb and immature but anyway, i feel ugly compared to my other friends cause they are all really pretty. About two years ago instead of trying to be as pretty as them i just started dying my hair and wearing crazy "emo" "scene" clothes...it kinda "turned off" alot of the guys my friends went out with and I liked...which sucked...so basically my question is do I conform to what guys want? or do I do my own thing and wait around? and how to I make myself feel more beautiful and self confident?
thanks

--------------------
"I am the face in the mirror. Only not."

Posts: 7 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do your own thing, girl, definitely. If you try to conform, you'll only be putting on an act, and if a guy falls for that act, then you'll have to keep it going for as long as you're going out with him - and that will be pretty emotionally draining. I know this might be hard to hear, but honestly, I promise you that if you do your own thing and if you're confident in who you are, a guy will come along who likes the real you, and it'll be worth the wait. As for making yourself feel beautiful - try to recognize that everybody is different and it is those differences that make us all so beautiful. You're beautiful because you're unique. Are you in any clubs or sports? Finding something you're good at, and focusing on that, can really help boost confidence.
Don't be down on yourself, honey. To be honest, I know this might not be what you want to hear, but if a guy sees only the external/superficial "beauty"? He's not worth your time. Wait for the one who sees how beautiful you are deep down.

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannah1313
Neophyte
Member # 31267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hannah1313     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much..yea cause all my friends are really pretty and no i am not really into sports and stuff but i do draw and im into fashion and stuff...and yeah i am really short and stuff and guys make fun of me all the time...and yeah i and i really self consiousees

--------------------

Posts: 7 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry about height, please!! It's not a big deal, and the guys who are making fun of you because you're short are SO immature that really, you shouldn't even bother yourself with acknowledging what they say. Just hold your head up and ignore them, and someone will notice your self-confidence. A little secret: the really, really good guys are attracted to confident girls. I promise that if you focus on what's amazing about yourself (read: EVERYTHING!), you'll snag an awesome, mature guy who doesn't care about your height.

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hannah1313
Neophyte
Member # 31267

thanks sooo much! i really appreciate it

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.