Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » weird situation!..is it normal?..scared!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: weird situation!..is it normal?..scared!
Samy2410
Neophyte
Member # 30649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samy2410     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im very regular with my periods..i normally get them on the 27, 29 or 29th day of my cycle. this time in came on the 29, only barely. there was hardly any bleeding. that was last night, today ive stopped bleeding completely. i started taking yasmin for the first time yesterday..could that have anything to do with it?..please help!..im scared!
Posts: 14 | From: Panama | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. Starting birth control can make your cycle a bit wonky. So can a lot of other things. Check out MIA or Dude, Where's My Period? for more information.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samy2410
Neophyte
Member # 30649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Samy2410     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its been 24 hours since my pseudo-period..ive been freaking out all day!..so i bought a pregnancy test and it came out negative(HUGEST RELIEF OF MY LIFE)...however, i still havent gotten my period. i ve had cramps all day..i called my doctor and she said its not normal for the pill to just cut off my period like that...now i have another question...isnt the pill supposed to supress periods?..wouldnt it be logical for it to make my period stop?..please help!
Posts: 14 | From: Panama | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
The birth control pill doesn't supress periods as far as I know unless you skip the placebo pills and directly begin another cycle right after your last one has ended.

You're supposed normally to get your periods during your placebo pills (sugar pills).

And it might take some time for your body to adjust to hormones which maybe have something to do with your period being late. But if I were you, I wouldn't expect your period before you are arrived at the placebo pills.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.