Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Dressed To Perfection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dressed To Perfection
Allysa
Activist
Member # 29972

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Allysa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok,

This has been a problem for a number of years, I have been very self conscious about my body and image and most of all my smell, I have teased since I was in primary school about how I smelt, ppl saying I smelt bad and so on, but my mum always wondered why this was so as bascially she would tell you before you left if something was wrong, never the less I still had ppl say otherwise.

Now because of the constant ridicule, I obsessably have a number of showers a day for fear that some stranger will comment on my odour, this icludes up to four maybe five showers a day and I doubt things will be lighter once summer hits, but I worry that my obsessive behaviour may be something I put onto my children when I have them, for fear of my children going through what I had to, therefore becoming very self conscious.

Even If I have had a shower an hour before if I am about to go somewhere where I will be around ppl I will shower again, now the title of this is not what I have written but also I find it a must to look perfect when I do go outdoors, to the point where I will make my hair perfectly neat, also very obsessably, I can spend hours on my hair taking it out a number of times to do it over again, even if I feel one hair is out of place I will not leave until I feel it is perfect.

Again with smell I will cover myself with deodorant and perfume until I feel I will not get ridiculed over my smell, this has effected a relatioship in the past because they pointed out I didn't need to be so obssessive with my odour, I am also in the process of trying to loose about ten to fifeteen kilo's as I feel over weight, now I'm not skinny nor am I obesse, but I feel I could look better, I have my bf helping me eating healthier and exercising more, but I sometimes consider doing harm to myself in the way of not eating or vomitting afterwards to speed the process up.

Can someone give me some tips on what exercise I could do round the house as I still have trouble and am still rather reluctant to be outside.

--------------------
Ally

Posts: 289 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright first of all, this isn't really a weight loss site so there's not much we can tell you to do other than excercise and eat healthy and definitely consult a doctor or nutritionist if you plan on losing that much weight. Second of all, if you are having thoughts of doing harm to your self you definitely should talk to a counsellor of some sort. Vomiting after eating is not a safe way to lose weight, and can lead to a very serious eating disorder.

As per the showering 5 times a day, that sounds pretty extreme. Have you talked to a doctor about this? A doctor might be able to help especially if it's something like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. This is also something you could talk to a counsellor about, because from your post it seems like you have really low self-esteem.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allysa
Activist
Member # 29972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allysa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I just worry about ppl saying I smell because I have had that kind of stuff before, so I am very self conscious about myself, I've never really thought about it maybe being OCD to me it's just normal but then again it could be something to look into.

Thankx

--------------------
Ally

Posts: 289 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.