Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Support Groups.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » HELP..i can't stop cutting

Author Topic: HELP..i can't stop cutting
trixieish
Neophyte
Member # 29153

Icon 4 posted      Profile for trixieish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 15, and since March I've been cutting my arms, and hips. It's gotten worse in the last 2 months, and I can't stop. I' not doing it to get attention or because it's a new "fad." I'm so scared. I was wondering am I the only one whose doing this? and how can I stop? I don't want to talk to a counceler, or my parents, I'd be so ashamed if anyone found out. please help.

--------------------
somethings have to be believed to be seen
-unknown

Posts: 6 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allysa
Activist
Member # 29972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allysa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hun, I know first hand the effects of cutting as I do it myself when things are bad, is there any reason why it has gotten bad? I have never told my mum about my cutting but she has seen it and has figured out that's what it was, hun cutting doesn't solve whatever you're going through trust me, I know it seems like it helps but it is a short term solution to a long term problem.

You may not want to talk to anyone about it but it is for the best, they can help you through the bad times and help you to realise that cutting isn't a good option for what you're going through.

Hun I know you're scared and you are not the only one who does it, I have many scars on my arms from doing it, there is nothing to be ashamed about either, ppl may not understand why you do it, but that's why you need to talk with someone so you can tell them what is going on.

Don't let this get out of control hun, you are worth so much more than this, and whether you want to or not, I would highly reccommend that you do speak to someone about it, trust me it will help.

Stay safe sweet

--------------------
Ally

Posts: 289 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chandie Lee
Activist
Member # 27228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chandie Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Freyish. Cutting is a very difficult thing to deal with, I know. I want you to know that you are not alone with that. Alot of people do cut for alot of different reasons. I was a cutter at your age as well. Although you don't want to tell your parents, it would help you. You don't want to go through this alone. And Allysa is right- you don't want to let this get out of control. She's also right in saying that it's nothing to be ashamed of. In this day and age, things are very stressful, and that's why you should tell your parents and maybe they can help you to find out why you;re cutting.
I hope you can get things figured out and feel better

Chandie

--------------------
*Make me high on lullabiez <33*

Posts: 41 | From: Worcester, Massachusetts, United States | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
freyish, you might get some more replies on this topic in the Support Groups forum, so I'm going to move this topic there, okay? There's also a few different posts on cutting and how to stop cutting that might help you that'll I'll link you.

See you in Support Groups!

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.