Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Nothing Sexual...but....contacts...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nothing Sexual...but....contacts...
uninformed and confused
Neophyte
Member # 27603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for uninformed and confused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure where else to ask, so I was just gonna put it here. Does air conditioning (i.e. cold air moving toward your eyes, or fluorescent lights bother your eyes? Like, make them burn from irritation? I often get a spot in my right eye on the top of my eye, closest to my nose. It feels like a bunch of needles poking me in the eye (this has been going on for a long time now, even through different lenses) Is there something wrong with me, that I should check out?

Also, is it normal for your contacts to blurr, like they come off of the surface of your eyes later at night?

Thanks for any replies, and sorry - I didn't know where to put this, but i figured 'Body and Soul' was the best, cuz this is related to the body! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Practice random acts of intelligence, and senseless acts of self control.

Posts: 37 | From: Ellensburg, Washington | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uninformed and confused
Neophyte
Member # 27603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for uninformed and confused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, i was wondering. Is there really anything wrong with cutting yourself? I don't know why, but I just like it. Bleeding is fun to me, but people say it's bad. So, can anyone help me out with this? I dunno why I do it, it's just something that my brain tells me is okay and fun. :\

--------------------

Posts: 37 | From: Ellensburg, Washington | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Air conditioning can dry out your eyes, which can make them irritated. Bright lights can do that as well. Eyedrops can usually soothe some of the irritation, but it's a good idea to bring it up at your next eye exam, too, and see what your optometrist or opthamologist recommends.

Cutting does carry risks, including an increased risk for infection (since you're creating an open wound), the potential to accidentally injure yourself more severely than you expect, and the potential for long-term scarring. Also, sometimes people cut to distract themselves from dealing with pain or other life problems. (I'm not saying that you're doing that; just that people may assume that you are and react accordingly.) You might want to find something equally fun but less harmful to enjoy. [Smile]

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't cut yourself. Find yourself other distractions. Whenever you feel like cutting yourself, go take a walk or do something else to take your mind off cutting.

There's a lot of people here who went through phases in their life where they would cut themselves. And they gave here pretty good advise on how they overcame it. Some people said that some particular activities really helped. Just use the serach button and take a look at those threads. They might be helpful.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathilde
Activist
Member # 27083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathilde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, cutting is definantly not a healthy activity. Steer clear from it if you can.

With the contacts thing:

With my last set, my eyes would get really irritated late at night to the point that I would have to keep one eye shut. I went to the doctor and he changed them up a bit. If they're bugging you, then I would suggest talking to your doctor about it. Contacts shouldn't be uncomfortable for you.

Posts: 80 | From: Alabama, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uninformed and confused
Neophyte
Member # 27603

Thanks for the responses, I'll mention it to my eye doctor. Dunno when that'l be next though. It took like 3 months to get my prescription right, and now its getting worse already! (it's been about 4 months since i got it right. I really, really hate my eyes. lol. My right eye is a -2.00 and my right is a -2.50 o.O (my eyes are worse than my dads, haha).

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.