Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » no nudity please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: no nudity please
Zachs lil Lady26
Neophyte
Member # 28905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachs lil Lady26     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't be naked with my boyfriend when we're being intimate. If I'm taking a shower (with or without him) I'm fine. He's seen me naked pleanty of times and absolutely loves my body. But when we're being sexual in my room, I need to be covered. I don't know why. I just like panic and need to cover myself. Not from him, just in general. I'm fairly confident about my appearance when I have clothes on (whether I'm in a bikini/lingerie or fully clothed). There are things I don't like about my body, but not so much that it would cause me to hide it from my boyfriend, who loves me for me and thinks I'm beautiful. Is there any way to get over this? Thank you.

--------------------
Jamie & Zachary
September 26, 2003-forever

"She loved him like no one before and it was good to be alive."

Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, are you really ready to have sex ? I just think that if you were, you wouldn't be that shy about showing him your body.

Check-out this article.

Ready or not ?

I just don't understand why you have no problem showing him your body when you're in the shower and then, when comes time to have sex, you're scared of showing it to him.Maybe that's simply a sign that you are not yet ready to become sexual with him. It may have nothing to do with a lack of self-esteem.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zachs lil Lady26
Neophyte
Member # 28905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zachs lil Lady26     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand what you're saying, but it's not just with sex. If we're just kissing or anything like that it's still a problem. I don't know. Maybe I'm just scared of being caught, even if there's no one else here. I guess I'm just always scared someone will walk in, no matter what. I don't know...maybe you're right, but it happens even when we're not even thinking about having sex. The difference is being covered. If we're both naked doing whatever under a blanket, I'm completely fine.

--------------------
Jamie & Zachary
September 26, 2003-forever

"She loved him like no one before and it was good to be alive."

Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nina_brown04
Activist
Member # 17973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nina_brown04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Are you ashamed of participating in intimate acts? Do you feel guilty for doing it maybe?. Thats what comes to my mind since you say that you are comfortable with your body and you are fine at other times. Maybe this shyness is linked with some issues about sexuality?
Posts: 217 | From: Virginia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathilde
Activist
Member # 27083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mathilde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Maybe I'm just scared of being caught, even if there's no one else here. I guess I'm just always scared someone will walk in, no matter what.
I know how that feels. I'm the same, Zach's Lil Lady. I am perfectly fine with my body (*and my boyfriend loves it, too*), but I just can't get completely naked when I know there's a possibility that someone might walk in. It's not that I'm ashamed of my body in any way. If we were completely alone, with no interferences, then I would be more comfortable with it.

I just refrain from taking my clothes off, period. I know that I'm going to be watching the door the whole time, so I just avoid it all-together. [Smile]

Sorry if this isn't helpful. [Frown]

Posts: 80 | From: Alabama, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.