Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » meaning of dreams...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: meaning of dreams...
catalinacisne
Activist
Member # 27839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catalinacisne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is the right place to put this...

So I generally take the meaning of dreams very seriously, because I believe dreams are the subconcious's way of communicating with the concious. I never really had "sex dreams" so to speak. Nothing like the female equivalent of wet dreams, nothing like that. I was beginning to think my subconcious was asexual [Wink]

Then I started going out with someone new, and I really like her and all that, and want to be with her as long as possible.

A couple weeks ago I had a dream with sexual activity between me and someone else - not my girlfriend. I didn't think much of it. But then last night (the first night of a three-and-a-half month summer break where we won't see each other at all) I had a dream where not one, but three people tried to seduce me.

I have no idea what my subconcious is trying to tell me. Any ideas?

--------------------
amawesome - (adj.) a combination of 'amazing' and 'awesome,' usually by someone who has tied on a few too many. Ex: No, dude, listen! I like, luv ya man! I mean, you're like, amawesome!

Posts: 65 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't look too far into it. Honestly, dreams can be interpreted a lot of ways. There are people who devote their lives to trying to figure out what dreams mean, if anything. Heck, there are supposedly symbols that, if you see them in your dream, mean something in particular. I think if a woman sees a snake, it has something to do with fertility/pregnancy.

I wouldn't try an analyze it. You'll just end up driving yourself crazy.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe that other people can effectively interpret your dreams for you. I think the best way to go about it, is to analyse all aspects of your dreams in terms of what they mean or represent to you. For instance, "sex" could represent forming a bond with someone (not necessarily a sexual bond though), so several people wanting to have sex with you COULD represent several people trying to form bonds with you, and your reaction to their advances could tell you something about how you feel about those bonds being formed. It could be that sex doesn't represent this to you at all, however-- you need to work out what it means to you.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ttoks1
Neophyte
Member # 29238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ttoks1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well realy dreams are just an acciedent in evoltion only a few animals have dreams userly there of things you did that day and sometimes of just random things are thing's you'v been thinking about alot

dreams dont show things that are gona happen or anything like that so dont worry about oyu and your girlfried breaking up or anything

--------------------
war's come and go but my soldier's, they stay enternal-tupac shakur

time is a wast of life
life is a wast of time
so wast your time and have the time of your life

Posts: 19 | From: australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joyfulgirl
Activist
Member # 29302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joyfulgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've been into dream interpretation for about 4 years now.

basically, you have to look at a dream as a series of metaphores. if you dream about dying it doesn't mean you're going to die, it just means that you're going through a transformation.

so, just because you're having sexual dreams about people other than your gf, doesn't mean you'll cheat or lose interest in her just because you dreamed it. i usually have sex dreams when i haven't gotten off in a while and my body/mind decides its time for some fun.

if your sex dreams start being about people you know, and aren't just about sex, then they can be something about your relationship to that person.

the best way to use dream interpretation is as a link to your subconcious. you can gain new insight about situations in your life. you won't be able to tell the future because it really doesn't exist yet, its basically just hope and speculation.

so, don't worry about sex dreams! i also take dreams seriously, but not all dreams are serious.

--------------------
"they say you can bear anythng if you can tell a story about it."

-sue monk kidd
the mermaid chair

Posts: 50 | From: western massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From "The Hidden Meaning of Dreams", byu Craig Hamilton-Parker: "Some current theories propose that dreams are the body's way of "rebooting" the brain. Dreams dispose of memories that would otherwise clutter the mind with unnecessary remembered experiences. In particular, they enable the emotions to become balanced(...) According to this viewpoint, without dreams we would simply overheat."

Of course,this isn't the absolute truth; it also says "Nobody knows for certain why we dream". I just thought I'd share.

As for dreams not meaning things that will happen? This is true in most cases, I believe. But personally, I dream of buildings that haven't been built, that I see years later as new construction sites. Of course, this doesn't mean that this will happen to you. I have dreamt of having sex with other people who I have no sexual interest in in real life. I wouldn't sweat it [Wink] . Dream interpretation is something interesting though o.o. Maybe you'll get sex dreams with other people now that you won't see your girlfriend, but I doubt that means you'll lose interest in her.

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.