Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » stress

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: stress
this is LOVEE
Neophyte
Member # 26178

Icon 11 posted      Profile for this is LOVEE         Edit/Delete Post 
lately, in the past 2 or 3 months, ive been really stressed out. stressed out about EVERYTHINGGGG. to name a few things, school, my physical appearance, myself in general, my relationships with other people, and my house and its lack of organization. they're kind of stupid things that most people would shrug off right? well, not me. this stress and overwhelming-ness has gotten so bad that it seems that litterally every other night (minimum) i cry myself to sleep. seriously. the only person i share all of this stress with is my mom, and she hates seeing me so upset. shes suggested doing yoga, and ive agreed to try it, but i think another part of my stress is my low self esteem. can anyone help me? give any suggestions as to how to stop this erratic stress & emotions ? thanks a lot <3
Posts: 5 | From: east sidee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoSt4NoW
Neophyte
Member # 16249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoSt4NoW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know how you feel, I get like that sometimes, and I used to be that bad. When you get stressed first take a deep breath, this wont get rid of it but it does help. Then try to get away from everything and everyone, whether it be taking a walk or just going to your room and listening to music. Hang out with friends that DONT stress you out. They are the ones that will take your mind off of things. Try to get through each day thinking things will get better. Things have been pretty bad for me and it has never gotten worse. I am not very religious, but I do ask God for help and he has helped me through a lot. The key thing is like I said you need a time in every day just to chill out, and your mom is a great person to go to talk. You never want to keep it inside. I hope this helps if you ever need to talk to someone email me.

Edited to remove email address-- while we appreciate your desire to help, we can't allow users to share their email addresses here for security reasons. It is an unfortunate reality that this information could be misused by people who have less than good intentions.
--Beppie

[ 05-01-2006, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Beppie ]

Posts: 35 | From: Decatur,IL,USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is LOVEE, I think it would be a really good idea for you to seek out someone impartial that you can talk to about all of this. Are you able to see a counsellor at all, even a school counsellor? If your mother understands how upset you've been perhaps she'd be willing to help you find one?

If this isn't an option, you can always do a google search for free phone counselling in your area-- lots of places will have special hotlines for young people, and most have generic hotlines who will help anyone out, who is in a bad spot for whatever reason.

Also, if it helps, you certainly aren't alone in not being able to shrug all of those things off-- most people, at some stage in their lives will feel a bit overwhelmed by all of that stuff. Not being able to shrug it off is totally normal. I often find that when I'm stressed, I'll stress out more from the stress of feeling like I shouldn't be stressed, if that makes any sense. The best way to deal with this is simply to acknowledge to yourself that you ARE stressed and upset, and deal with it from there, rather than approaching it from the perspective of "I shouldn't be here in the first place"-- the fact is that you ARE there, and there are no shoulds and should nots about it, excepting that you should be taking care of yourself and seeking out the help that you need to move on.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
this is LOVEE
Neophyte
Member # 26178

Icon 1 posted      Profile for this is LOVEE         Edit/Delete Post 
thank you very very much, both of you. i'm going to make it a point every day to set aside some quiet relaxation time for myself. im also going to look into the hotline thing. that sounds very helpful.

thanks again<3

Posts: 5 | From: east sidee | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.