Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Reusable Pads

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reusable Pads
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After 4 years on Depo, I'm on the pill now and having periods (or more correctly, withdrawl bleeds). After a week of wearing disposable pads, tampons, and pantyliners, I have an irritated vulva and a trash can full of used products, wrappers, and boxes. So... I think I'm going to take the plunge and buy some reusable menstrual products. I've already ordered a DivaCup, but I'd like to hear some opinions on the different kinds of reusable pads out there. Does anyone have any favorites? Or anything to avoid?
Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Magpie: as far as I'm concerned, lunapanties are the Best. Invention. EVER.

I also really love the washables with the liners that Madeline makes as well, but at this point, I hardly even use my DivaCup much, because the lunapanties are just so darn easy, comfy and fantastic. The Deluxe ones have rickrack which can hold a liner, so all you need to do during the day if you want to freshen up is swap out for a new liner: you don't even have to change the panties.

And if you order from her, leave a note you came from Scarleteen. The women at Lunapads are FANTASTIC advocates for younger women using alternative products, and have always been so great about supporting us here, so she may just toss a goddie in there for you. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lunapanties all the way, especially the ones you can put an extra liner in. I adore mine, and I've only been using them a couple of months. (The washable pads are great too, but the panties are the best. Thing. EVER.) It seriously feels like you're wearing a comfy pair of flannel pajamas all day. They rock.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My periods are too heavy to get by with Lunapanties alone, but I use them as back-up for a Mooncup (UK version of the DivaCup), and yup, what everyone else said - they're fantastic. The combination is the least-hassle menstrual protection option I've ever found.

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.