Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » What the $%&* is wrong with me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What the $%&* is wrong with me?
mini_minx
Activist
Member # 11076

Icon 9 posted      Profile for mini_minx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wake up every morning feeling like i havent even slept. I have no energy. I have constant headaches. I dont want to leave the house. I'm so paranoid about my boyfriend cheating that its driven us apart. I'm constantly depressed. I dont know what to do anymore.

--------------------
"If you live to be a hundred i want to live to be a hundred minus a day, so that i don't have to live a single day without you"

A.A.Milne "winnie the pooh"

Posts: 88 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you been examined by a physician about the headaches and lack of energy? My immediate suspicion is sleep apnea as it mirrored my own symptoms. Sleep apnea can cause very little true REM sleep. And if you are constantly fatigued and out of sorts, this can worsen a depression.

You really need to find out if there is a physical pathology here that needs treatment.

--------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mini_minx
Activist
Member # 11076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mini_minx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got diagnosed with depression, but my parents didnt want me to take any pills so i didnt. I've had 4 different doctors, brain scans etc for my headaches but they found nothing, and i was dismissed as being a whiny teenager. The fact i was in at worst dehabilitating pain and at best a pain i have learned to live with but still affects my life, including making me very nautious and dizzy often. I have to sit down a lot because i simply cannot stop the dizziness. Doctors seem to just ignore what i say.

--------------------
"If you live to be a hundred i want to live to be a hundred minus a day, so that i don't have to live a single day without you"

A.A.Milne "winnie the pooh"

Posts: 88 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blueveggie
Activist
Member # 26508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blueveggie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mini_minx-

headaches: might be migraines!!!.. nausea and dizziness definitely. what about aura, sensitivity to light/sound? The debilitating ones can definitely be migraines.. people who don't have them often have trouble believing sufferers but those who suffer KNOW!.. hugs for those, they SUCK. Try taking aleve/tylenol (alternating, and obviously if you can tolerate them) and a nap in a dark room with a cold cloth over your forehead and eyes- helps me tremendously.

depression: can't say that I've dealt with severe depression myself, but I know I feel that if you need to take meds to kick it then you need.. to.. take.. meds..!!.. obviously with the intention of going off of them someday, and at the absolute minimum dose.

do you take BC? i think that migraines and depression can be side effects. for me BC improved the intensity/variations of my headaches but didn't get rid of them (granted I had a crazy set of hormones thrown at me in the first place). my epilepsy meds have been my savior and my curse in that they've gotten rid of most of my headaches but just thrown most everything else to holy ****. don'tcha love side effects?..

it will work out in the end- and ____ (insert choice: life/luck/fate/normal unfun-ness/annoying crap/god*%&$(%*dammed BLARGH/you get it..) is what's wrong with you.. just like the rest of us.. [Smile]

hope I helped!

btw: keep doc-shopping. you've been dx'd with depression and you think you might have migraines. be concise and CONFIDENT!!!! no wussying about with your health, 'kay? [Smile]

Posts: 86 | From: southern CA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carnage649
Neophyte
Member # 28140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carnage649     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive had migraines since i was 10 years old and god they would not go away even with a pill, unless i cought the headache in a very early stage. i wouldnt feel better unless i threw up. i would stay in a dark room, was sensitive to slightest sounds coming way across my apartment. if u want to take a pill try advil, i found it to work the best. i am eighteen and about a year ago i was really depressed and actually had an anxiety disorder. i went to a psychiatrist but did not want to start taking their prescribed "magic" pills. i actually went to a doctor who specialized in diagnosing illnesses by pulse and treatment though herbal remedies. it might take a little longer to treat ur symptoms through this method than by taking drugs, but hell its worth it. i have more energy in general and my depression is gone. u might want to look into it.
Posts: 18 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suggest that you go to a doctor again. Regular headaches really need to be looked into.

If your parents won't let you take medication, and you can't afford to pay for it, would they consider letting you have counselling? Also, if you feel that medication would be the best option for you, do you have an adult friend (a friend of your parents, a teacher, etc) who might be able to talk to your parents on your behalf? Furthermore, could you look into getting counselling at school?

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lindsay*Marie
Activist
Member # 26167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lindsay*Marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had depression for years and have been on medication for part of it. I now know that medication is not the way to go, the best choice for depression would be a counselling for sure, even if it seems weird you will be suprised on how it effects you
Posts: 40 | From: duluth mn us | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.