Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » irregularity??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: irregularity??
papou_fruit
Activist
Member # 15399

Icon 11 posted      Profile for papou_fruit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I posted a bit earlier in the emergency section about my period being late, alot of clear secretions... and I was wondering again, my last period was about february 5th-11th days of the month, and I'm guessing my period SHOULD of been here last week if it was to be on schedule... the real question is, how irregular could it possibly get? I took a pregnancy test on saturday and it came out negative-was it too soon? what should I do if my period does not come any time this week of march 12th-18th? take another pregnancy test? could my period show up even by the end of this month??

thank you!

[ 03-12-2006, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: papou_fruit ]

Posts: 68 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Believe me, it can get pretty irregular. I was as regular as can be for five years and then was two weeks late for one and almost completely missed another period. You may just skip this period altogether ... It's hard to say.

It was not too early (judging by the first day of a missed period) to take that pregnancy test; the results should be accurate. When was your last risk? If you find your period doesn't come this week, by all means, take another test. It certainly cannot hurt.

Really though, i think you need to relax. It sounds like your period is just taking it's sweet time this month.

Check it out; (incase you haven't already)

MIA or Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared silly
Neophyte
Member # 27831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared silly         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh! I cant help but say that this exact same thing happened to me this month (but not with the pregancy thing)....and then I realised, February only has 29 days so technically its not late!!! And if it is then its probably because you're worrying about it...I get that too but then as soon as you relax and forget about it, they'll start as normal. Trust me, relax and it should come on its own! :-)

--------------------
Be happy....chances are with my luck, my life's worse!

Posts: 8 | From: England | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.