Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » breast issue=( need help plz

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: breast issue=( need help plz
sweetpop9
Neophyte
Member # 27060

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sweetpop9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, im kind of concerned about my breasts, they started to grow when I was 13 , that is when i began to have my periods and i have been eregular since then,I wonder if my breasts are small( 34a)because of the eregular periods, caused by the hormones and everything, I am now 18 with the same breast size.My friend told me that since she started taking the pill her breasts got bigger,is that garanteed to happen?and will my breasts still continue growing even though i am 18?
Thanks for answering

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 10 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I'm not sure that breast growth and irregular periods are related, it is possible to look at genetics (your mom's side, and the women on your father's side of the family) to get an idea of what is in store for you. Some women do gain breast size when going on the pill, but not all. Last, but not least, my breasts kept growing until I was about 20, and that's when they stopped, so it's possible you have a few more years left but I stayed an A cup even in spite of the 'extra' growing time.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 10 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing, I don't know if this was intentional or not, but the way you worded that made it sound as if you were considering going on the pill simply to make your breasts bigger. Just for the record, I don't think that's a very good idea. And not nessacary either. Breasts of all sizes are awesome!
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ceresbaistat
Activist
Member # 23736

Icon 13 posted      Profile for ceresbaistat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, bigger is definitely NOT better. My best friend has B's and loves them since she can go braless and such. I, however, have not had that liberty since puberty hit.
I'm a natural G. They suck. ^^;;

------------------

Posts: 52 | From: Seabrook, TX | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mathilde
Activist
Member # 27083

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mathilde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sweetpop9, I'm 17 and I, too, have 34A sized breasts. They do get a bit annoying at times, as I can't fit into some cute shirts and such (and I'm a bit embarrased for my boyfriend to see them...), but we should learn to love our size! Sure, they may not be too big, but who said bigger was better? The grass is always greener, I suppose.

[This message has been edited by Mathilde (edited 01-31-2006).]

Posts: 80 | From: Alabama, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 10 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that you shouldn't go on the pill simply to make your breast size increase. It isn't guaranteed, anyway. You shouldn't be discouraged about your size either. Many women will consider you to be very lucky. Big or small, breasts are breasts. Why does it matter the size? Most guys don't like big breasts any way. Atleast the guys around here don't. I have heard many men say "More than a mouthful is a waste". I do believe that is the saying. So be proud! Your breasts shouldn't discourage you at all or make you at all insecure.
Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fuzzybunny
Neophyte
Member # 27292

Icon 10 posted      Profile for fuzzybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you might be stuck with them the size they are. i am 21 and have the same size - just think of it this way: when we are older there won't be anything to sag! smaller breasts tend to age really well.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil_kiwi
Activist
Member # 26749

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lil_kiwi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are worried about fashion, you can always buy push up bra's or padded ones.
Posts: 198 | From: Ca, USA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.