Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » orgasims PLEASE HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: orgasims PLEASE HELP
rae16
Neophyte
Member # 26977

Icon 9 posted      Profile for rae16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it normal for you not to have orgasims during sex cause i have done it quite a few times and never had an orgasim i mean it felt good and all but i just dont have an organsim like i do when i masterbate? is that not a good sign? PLEASE HELP

------------------
rae16

Posts: 5 | From: Lennon, MI United States | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 10 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Usually women do not experience orgasm from vaginal penetration alone, they additionally may need clitoral stimulation, which is probably what brings you to orgasm when you masturbate.

Because you say you have orgasmed during masturbation, there is nothing you need to worry about.

What you should do instead is probably explore other activites with your partner, such as clitoral stimulation along with or in addition to penetrative intercourse.

Also, this article might help: Sexual Responmse and Orgasm

[This message has been edited by dailicious (edited 01-13-2006).]

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rae16
Neophyte
Member # 26977

Icon 11 posted      Profile for rae16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well when my boyfriend asked me if i have organsmed everytime i said yes(which was a lie) i just did not want to hurt his feelings. should i tell him the truth and if so how should i tell him. i dont want him to get mad!
Posts: 5 | From: Lennon, MI United States | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 10 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lying about sex and orgasms is not a good thing - it hurts you (because your pleasure is dimished by having a partner who is clueless about what you like) and your partner (because if/when he finds out, he'll be hurt, plus he's got the notion that certain things are working for you when they aren't.)

So, come clean. Yes, he may be hurt, but if he's a good guy, he'll understand. But then you can work together in communicating and having great sex, whether it ends in orgasms or not, since they're not the be-all and end-all of sex anyway.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rae16
Neophyte
Member # 26977

Icon 4 posted      Profile for rae16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks but i have done this before, like lieing to him and he got really upset and mad because i lied to him.. and when he asked me if i have orgasims i say yes and he asks me if i promise and i say yes.. just so i dont hurt him. how do i break it to him?? PLEASE HELP!! i want to clear this up.

------------------
rae16

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just let it out ... Tell him that you're upset about something, you made a mistake, and you need to come clean. Tell him why you lied. He may be upset, but you need to understand that ... You may need to regain his trust again.
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lulufabuloso
Neophyte
Member # 27078

Icon 6 posted      Profile for lulufabuloso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats totally normal...it just means that you maybe arn't comfortable enough yet with your partner or you may need to talk more about what you want. I go on SexEtc.org a lot and people talk about the same things all the time...orgasms...do you have them or no...all that junk. You should check that website out also and see what people say it's good stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by rae16:
is it normal for you not to have orgasims during sex cause i have done it quite a few times and never had an orgasim i mean it felt good and all but i just dont have an organsim like i do when i masterbate? is that not a good sign? PLEASE HELP

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 10 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lulufabuloso, it's hard to tell from your post, but while not having orgasms during a sexual activity is normal, lying to one's partner about the orgasms (or lack thereof) is more the issue here.

Also, every post of yours so far has been a plug for another website. You're welcome to contribute to conversations here, but if your only purpose is to spam ST with links, then you may find your posting revoked.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peaches44
Activist
Member # 27099

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Peaches44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and I were having sex for about a year before I told him that I had never had an orgasim with him. it was definitely not a good idea to wait as long as I did. thankfully we had a good conversation about it and I just explained to him that it was not his fault because it was common for women to need different things. you kind of need to suck it up and tell the truth. it's hard sometimes but in the end you will be glad that you did it.
Posts: 50 | From: Alberta Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.