Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » The pill gives me more than I'd like.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The pill gives me more than I'd like.
rkscar
Neophyte
Member # 26917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for rkscar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on the birth control pill for about 3 months. Since I started, I noticed unwanted side effects. Everytime I use the restroom, it's not to just pee anymore. I have random nausea and worst of all: I have an unappealing odor from my vagina. I take showers everyday with a new washcloth every day so my cleaning habits are not the problem. Are these side effects normal? Will they go away?

I could use some answers. :-)

+Peaches+

Posts: 6 | From: VA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At this point, it's probably a good idea to make an appointment with your doctor to talk about the side effects you're experiencing, and possibly discuss other birth control options. It does usually take a couple of months for your body to get used to hormonal birth control, but if you're still having these kinds of side effects after three months, it may be that the brand of pill you're on isn't the best one for you, or possibly even that non-hormonal birth control (like a diaphragm or cervical cap) would be a better option.

If you're curious about what exactly is available in terms of various methods, check this out: Margaret Sanger's Disneyland: A Quick Chart of Your Birth Control Options

[This message has been edited by karybu (edited 01-10-2006).]

[This message has been edited by karybu (edited 01-10-2006).]

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to that, the pill doesn't cause unusual smells from your vagina. Make sure you mention this when you see your doctor, as it could be the sign of an infection.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.