Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » discharge?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: discharge?
ducky0123
Activist
Member # 26632

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ducky0123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
question about discharge... i read your article about normal discharge, and i was wondering the difference between slightly yellow discharge and yellow discharge? i noticed some discharge today that had no clumps in it, and it looked white while on my finger, however it looked yellowish while on the toilet paper. is this normal? ps- it had no scent to it, and i have noticed no itching or anything at all.

[This message has been edited by ducky0123 (edited 01-10-2006).]

Posts: 40 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds pretty normal to me. If it looks disitnctly yellow on your underpants or finger, or if there is a huge difference between the hue of white toilet paper and your discharge, then get it checked out. However, a slight contrast with the "pure white" of much toilet paper is not a problem. If you were using coloured or undyed toilet paper, it could have been the colour of the toilet paper affecting the way the discharge looks.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ducky0123
Activist
Member # 26632

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ducky0123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is kinda gross, but the discharge is thicker. when i like put it together in a ball, it is seen as yellowish on the tp, but when i spread it out over a larger area of the tp, you can barely tell the difference between the color of the tp and the discharge... does this sound normal? also is it normal for it sometimes to come out as a clump of discharge (but contains no chunks, so in other words, almost has the Consistency of snot), and other times it comes out slowly?
Posts: 40 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your discharge will differ in thickness at different times of the month due to your menstrual cycle. This is normal. If you're rolling your discharge around in your fingertips, it's possible that it could look yellowish because of contamination, but remember, a slight yellowish undertone is still normal.

If you're really worried about this, and the articles on the site, and our answering questions does not reassure you, you can always go to your doctor, since menstruating women should all have regular gynecological checkups anyway.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.