Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » nipple piercing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: nipple piercing
emartine0272
Neophyte
Member # 26729

Icon 10 posted      Profile for emartine0272     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi , i have my nipple pierced and my mom found out and she keeps saying that i can get cancer for having such thing in my nipple and i jst wanted to know if thats true , if theres any way u can get cancer by having your nipple pierced;plz help me_ thnx much
>lizzz

Posts: 7 | From: hamilton/ontario/canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 10 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing to link nipple piercings with cancer of any kind that I know of, however piercings of any kind, as a puncture wound, are susceptible to infection and scarring without a religious cleaning routine, and sometimes even with one (it happened to me, though not with a nipple piercing). Nipples piercings can on occasional cause difficulty for a woman planning to breastfeed as well.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emartine0272
Neophyte
Member # 26729

Icon 10 posted      Profile for emartine0272     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thnx very much for ur advise
Posts: 7 | From: hamilton/ontario/canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.