Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Discharge- Advice would be appreciated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Discharge- Advice would be appreciated
Bronze
Neophyte
Member # 26877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm worried that my vaginal discharge may not be normal, it sometimes has a yellowish tinge and when I am aroused there can be quite a lot of clear/whiteish discharge. I've read the honorably discharged article but I'm still pretty clueless, and would like to avoid having to actually go to the doctors if at all possible..
My boyfriend was about to go down on me the other day but he saw this discharge and i think he got pretty wierded out about it and stopped, which was pretty embarrassing so i'm not quite sure what to do =/
Any advice or information would be very much appreciated

Bronze

Posts: 3 | From: Leeds | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, first off, if you're sexually active, you absolutely NEED to have having yearly pap smears and STI screenings, even without the concerns. So many STIs are asymptomatic; so many reproductive ailments which can become serious are tricky to detect. So, I encourage you to please step up for yourself and start doing that. If you want help finding a local wmen's health center or sexual health center, by all means, we're glad to help.

Per the discharge, I'm not hearing anything abnormal based on what you posted. having increased transluscent discharge during arousal is what is SUPPOSED to happen, so you might want to let your partner in on that: it's how the vagina self-lubricates to assure sexual acivity is pleasant for you, not uncomfortable.

With the yellowish discharge: any strong scent? Any itching or burning? Any "curds" in it? If no to all of those, chances are you're doing just fine in that regard.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder, Scarleteen
ST blogabout Heather & Scarleteen
"You have to love women who are brave enough to do things so big in a world where women are supposed to be so small." - Andrea Dworkin

Posts: 67924 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronze
Neophyte
Member # 26877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bronze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No itching or burning nothing like that, there is a slight smell though? And occasionally (very rarely) there have been small lumps in it?

Thankyou very much for your help

Bronze

Posts: 3 | From: Leeds | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clumps or lumps, especiallt accompanied by a smell is generally something to have checked out.

Do you need help finding somewhere to go do that? If so, toss us your location, and we'll be glad to lend a hand.

Posts: 67924 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A slight smell is normal, just as it is normal to have a slight smell under your arms. Any lumpiness in your discharge is worth a checkup-- if it's as irregular as you say, it could be nothing, but I can't know that (not being a doctor and only talking to you over the internet)-- since you do need to see a doctor anyway, as Miz Scarlet said, make an appointment ASAP, have and exam, and ask about it.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bronze
Neophyte
Member # 26877

Ok considering what you've said I'm going to go and see my GP about it at a teen drop in clinic thing just to be sure.

Thankyou again for your help =)

Bronze

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.