Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » vomiting during period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: vomiting during period?
production error
Neophyte
Member # 26776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for production error     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I generally have a pretty irregular menstrual cycle, and I usually have no reliable way of knowing when it's coming until a couple hours beforehand when I start cramping. Anyway, my cramps usually aren't that bad, but sometimes they're more severe than others. This time (I started this morning) they're nearly unbearable, and in addition, I've been vomiting uncontrollably. The thing is, I can't remember the last time I vomited without inducing it myself (which I don't usually do unless my stomach is very upset). I know I should go to the gynocologist asap, but I'm supposed to have a date tonight, and I was wondering if anyone knows of anything I can do to feel better soon, or if it's a very serious problem. It's not that my stomach's upset, it's like uncontrollable spasms of my stomach and/or intestines or whatever that make me gag and vomit. If anyone knows what this could be, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much!
Posts: 17 | From: Clemson, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By all means, check in with your GYN.

But in the interim, let's look at some basics.

Like, what have you been eating? Now, and in the few days before your period? For right now, move to light, nutritious meals, plenty of water, maybe some nice hot tea.

If you could find a way to get some basic exercise, that might also help.

Destressing could be a help too: that may include rescheduling your date for tonight. When you're feeling this ill, going out likely isn't so wise.

Posts: 67069 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used to get that a lot when i was younger. I had very irregular periods till i went on the pill last year. Along with severe cramps i would get vomiting and blinding headaches. I found that lying down with a cold cloth across my eyes and drinking water with lemon would usually help settle my tummy a bit more and keep me hydrated.

Go and see your doctor anyway as this was always a short term solution.

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
production error
Neophyte
Member # 26776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for production error     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks very much y'all. I took a little nap and I was perfectly fine...it just kind of scared me. I'll see the doctor asap. Thanks so much!
Posts: 17 | From: Clemson, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.