Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » major bleeding.. : /

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: major bleeding.. : /
Vanilla Citrus
Neophyte
Member # 26127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vanilla Citrus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alright,
so i've been on "the pill" for over 7 months now (could be longer) and just lately, for about a month now i've been bleeding quite a bit all day everyday. i've always had pains in my pelvic region and stomach..etc and have always had bad heavy periods..

i visited my gyno about a month ago, that was before i started bleeding. i asked him to give me the surgery to see if i have endometreosis and he told me if i do have it to just take the pill 2 months in a row without taking the sugar pills. so there is nothing else he can recommend for me.

honestly i really don't know what i am trying to ask. i'm just worried i guess because i shouldn't be bleeding when i'm on the pill and not suposed to be having my period for a couple weeks. any info would be awesome.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Generally, a diagnosis of endometriosis isn't made without having a laparoscopy (probably the surgery you're refering to...?)

The best advice i can offer you is to get a second opinion. Your doctor should not be assuming you have something without doing futher testing.

It's not surprising that you are bleeding, if you've skipped your placebo (sugar pill) week. This is very common. You may want to call you GYNs office and let him know what's going on ... He may be able to prescribe a higher dose pill for you, or have some other suggestions.

How heavy are you bleeding? Generally, heavy bleeding isn't a concern unless you are saturating a pad/tampon in less than an hour. Heavy bleeding should not occur for more than a few days per cycle. If you experence severe pain and/or major bleeding (as described above), get to an ER.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.