Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » dimples above your bum?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dimples above your bum?
papou_fruit
Activist
Member # 15399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for papou_fruit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, this is sort of a weird question, but when I see girls with low-riding jeans or small t-shirts that bend over, a majority have like, these two sort of very noticible "dimples" right on their lower back above their bum area.
Usually I see them on smaller girls, but I have a larger friend who has them too.
I don't have them I believe... so what causes them? Is it just a body type or gene?
Like dimples when you smile?

Posts: 68 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know the exact answer, but I think you're right that they're basically just the same as the dimples a person has on his or her cheeks.

Much like dimples on your cheeks, they're just caused based on how your skin and nerves and muscle and fat sits.

(Sorry I can only offer speculation!)

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone I know used to call them "skinny spots", as in two little bumps that happen when you're particularly thin. It doesn't make sense, though, because I see them on people regardless of how much they weigh. I guess they're just another body oddity to love.
Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have dimples on the top of my booty. I never noticed until I bent over, and my butt crack was hanging out (which it does often, actually) and one of my guy friends was like "you have the cutest dimples on your azz". I was like "oh, never knew that". But I am not particularly thin, or big, I am midsized.
Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.