Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » why do i have this attitude??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why do i have this attitude??
dtownprincess25
Neophyte
Member # 25593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dtownprincess25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a kinda 'whatever' attitude and its really interfearing with skool and grades. i just dont have the drive to do anything really. i dont have the drive to go to skool and acually wanna learn...i feel like everything is waisting my time. i can't pay attention in class at all for some reason, something is jus always more interesting to me. Even wen i try to change my attitude towards life and skool, wen i acually go to do it i'll be like "i'l do it tommorow or wutever, i dont care"....and my mom is really big on skool and stuff like that(she's a teacher)the only reason i do anything in skool is because of her. i dont want to go to college i knw this will upset her and i havnt told her, i mean im only a freshman i have plenty of time....wut do i do to change this attitude and y do i have it?

------------------
Ask_About_Her

Posts: 5 | From: Dallas, Texas, United States | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PERVasive
Activist
Member # 25065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PERVasive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know exactly what you mean! I felt that way last year (I'm a junior now). I don't know why it happens, but sometimes life just drains you, and you feel like you need to to take a break and regroup. I think it happens to most kids at some point in high school. The important thing is not to give up on the long run. This depression will pass, and you'll get back on track. In a sense you're even lucky to get it over with early, before it really counts.

------------------
- PERVasive

"Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain

Posts: 64 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there things you enjoy doing?

If there are can you put more of your time and energy into those things instead of focusing on school? Now sounds like a good time to cultivate your other interests; don't try to force yourself to enjoy something that doesn't interest you and wind up frustrated. I'm not suggesting you give up on school or let your grades slip of course. Is it possible that you could mesh what you are interested in into your school day?

However, if you find that you have no interest in anything whatsoever you might be dealing with depression. In that case going to a counselor to get a diagnosis and discuss treatment options is a sound choice.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
auspouf_ist_kaput
Neophyte
Member # 22148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for auspouf_ist_kaput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dtownprincess25:
i can't pay attention in class at all for some reason, something is jus always more interesting to me.

As soon as I read that, I got the impression that you might have ADD (Attention Dephysus[sp?] Disorder). That is where you have trouble focusing and paying attention, and you tend to get distracted easily. Now I'm not 100% positive, but it doesn't hurt to go to a doctor and ask about it. Otherwise, all the other advice that was given was excellent, so I'd go by that, as well.

-Bethany

Posts: 2 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NobodySaidItWasEasy
Activist
Member # 24765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NobodySaidItWasEasy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ADD = Attention Deficit Disorder
ADHD = Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder

'Deficit' means 'lacking' or 'less'

Posts: 97 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScreamInEcstasy
Activist
Member # 26981

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ScreamInEcstasy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try eating healthier. Eat brakfast if you dont already. and take a multi vitamins. it'll make you feel better and bring your conentration to a higher level.
Posts: 45 | From: canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.