Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » increased eating

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: increased eating
papou_fruit
Activist
Member # 15399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for papou_fruit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately these past few days I've been eating a lot.
More than I normally have, I'm thinking it might be because I've been on a holiday from school since Wednesday, so I've been cooking possibly out of boredom. But I've also felt hungrier too. This has only happened since around Wednesday...what could be the cause of this suddenly?
I don't believe it could be a pregnancy because my last period was at the beginning of October, and I think it might be too soon even if I was pregnant...since it's nearing the end of the month, could it be because I might be expecting my period within the next week or two?
Thanks

EDIT: I just realized this, this might of been posted in the wrong forum, if it belongs in the general health one, itd be great if you could move it

[This message has been edited by papou_fruit (edited 10-23-2005).]

Posts: 68 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, it is unlikely that this is due to pregnancy. While increased appetite can be a "sign" of pregnancy, these so-called signs don't show up until much later, and really aren't too reliable. It is more likely that you are experiencing hormone fluxuations and the like.

(Not to mention, if you are home for long periods of time, you are much more prone and able to eat more than if you were out or at school)

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.