Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » red eyebrows-help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: red eyebrows-help!
thug420girl
Neophyte
Member # 13681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thug420girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My aunt dyed my hair a dark brownish/reddish. And she decided to put some on my eyebrows since my skin is fair, my eyebrows were like dark blonde and my hair was going to be really dark. She put it on and now I look like a clown. School is coming up in like 4 days and I don't know what to do. It looks so unnatural and my hair is so dark red on top. I hate it. Does anyone know what I can do to get my eyebrows back to like a light brown or something without turning them by mistake orange!

Also if you know what I can do about my really dark hair it's so red and bright yet dark. This really made me depressed. However I'm afraid to dye it again for the risk of it falling out. So I'd really appreciate it if you could at least answer my eyebrow question, I don't know what to do.

Posts: 27 | From: Brook Park, ohio usa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do not mess with it yourself. Seriously, it can and will get worse.

Call a professional and get an appointment for some damage control. While you're waiting for your appointment, I'd suggest washing your hair several times to see if the color will mellow at all.

But really, don't try to color it again. You'll just be putting more color on top of what's there now, and that can have some very unexpected results. So the sooner you can get to a hair stylist, the better.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thug420girl
Neophyte
Member # 13681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thug420girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else please?
Posts: 27 | From: Brook Park, ohio usa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you might be able to use a dark-colored eyebrow pencil to minimize the redness.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what you can do about the eyebrows, but one thing that may help fade the color in your hair a bit would be washing it with Prell shampoo. Red dyes fade the fastest on their own anyways, and Prell is a pretty harsh shampoo that might help speed the process up a bit. (I dyed my hair dark red a couple of years ago - what a disaster - and it seemed to help somewhat.)
Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
btw, this isn't an emotional support issue, it's more about cosmetics. so i'll send this to Body and Soul. See ya there!

------------------
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ceresbaistat
Activist
Member # 23736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ceresbaistat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's the appeal of red hair anyway? It's a sign that you burn quick and often get nasty extra-oily skin.
Posts: 52 | From: Seabrook, TX | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, tinyrebel, whether or not you may have meant it that way, please don't post anything discriminatory on the boards- that includes comments like the one you made.

Red hair, just like all hair colors and styles and the genetics that can give them to you, has its beauties, its flaws, its goods and bads, people who love and dislike it, etc.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Y'know, Miz Scarlet is a redhead...

------------------

sublime_15
Activist
Member # 12538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sublime_15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also want to mention that you should NEVER dye your eyebrows with anything you'd dye your hair with. It says on the box that it could cause blindess and to NOT use on your eyebrows. They may sell eyebrow dye but that is something best left to a salon.
Posts: 280 | From: nowhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thug420girl
Neophyte
Member # 13681

Well I'm supposely getting my eyebrows tinted or something at a salon tomorrow but i have another problem. I'll just restate it below.

I've decided that I wanted my hair dyed to a dark brown withreddish tones in it.(Loreal's couleur experte 3.5)However it didn't come out like the girlon the box's did so I'm really upset. My hair on top is super dark red. It's so unbelievable because I have really fair skin. That's my first upsetting problem which I don't know what to do. I've been debating over bleaching it/stripping the color to make it really blonde or something then after that re-dye it to a nice medium brown like my natural color but it can get costly. And I'm afraid to just re-dye over the dark red color with an ashy brown because I don't want it turning another color I don't want like purple/orange/bright red. And I certainly don't want to keep bleached hair without dying over it and I don't want my hair to fall out.

wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ask the salon when you go for your eyebrows tomorrow. Likely, they can tint your hair to a shade that's more to your liking. It'll cost, but if you want to avoid bleaching/odd colours/etc. you're better off having the pros do it.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I home dye my hair sometimes, so it's not necessarily a bad way to go about things if you can't fork out the fund for a professional job and want your hair all one color-

BUT, if you ever want to go the home-dying route yourself? Follow all the instructions on the box. Most (and I'm positive Loreal does) home-dye treatments tell you to do a strand-test first. What this does is shows you about how long you should leave the dye on your hair to acheive the color desired and how the color will turn out on YOUR hair color (most color swatches and non-model example shots are done on pure white hair, I was told this by a salon colorist once, so no ones hair will usually ever tuern out that exact color. Also, the models on the box are not only professionally colored and then photographed, the photographs themselves are usually edited somewhat to be able to print and to get the best look possible.)

A strand test is always the way to go when you're working on your own, just as an fyi for the future.

[This message has been edited by dailicious (edited 08-20-2005).]

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(A few notes from the redhead frontier: just like other people, our skin tone and the shade of our hair varies a lot. For instance, my mother's hair was that beautiful, very deep russet red-brown and she burns in three seconds flat, but though mine is a far fairer strawberry -- well, what's left of it with a lot of graying, at this point -- because I'm half Mediterranean, I actually never burn in the sun, even if I manage to space my constant sunscreen. And really, no one should be knowing when they burn because sunscreen is pretty important for everyone given the state of the environment at this point.

I do have oily skin -- again, I blame the Italian/Portuguese gene pool on ymy family's other side -- but again, my mothers is dry as a bone. I get the oily skin from my non-redheaded side of the family. But even that has it's good points: means I tend to wrinkle less easily than other people my age with dryer skin. And I love, love, love my freckles, which most of us carrot-tops do have.

Butcha know, as already mentioned, let's not call someone's natural coloring or background nasty, eh? Not like any of us get to pick our race, nationality, coloring, shape etc.)

But thug420girl, for future reference? if you're going to dye from the box, do yourself a favor and only use semi-permanent colors and don't do more than a few shades away from your natural shade unless you want something ore dramatic.

if you ccan't afford to get to the salon in he next few weeks, you can speed up some fade by adding some cammomile tea to your shampoo and conditioner. Might make it a bit brassier, but it'll lighten it gently and without extra chemicals. And next time? No eyeborws. But you already know that.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ceresbaistat
Activist
Member # 23736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ceresbaistat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just an fyi: no offence was neant. I was merely talking from personal experience and observations. I'm a natural red and have REALLY oily skin that came from my red-headed side, as so all the other natural red-heads I know, so I tought I put two and two together.

My apologies.

Posts: 52 | From: Seabrook, TX | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.