Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » small boobs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: small boobs
paigeypoo
Neophyte
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paigeypoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok im now 13 iv had my period for about 2 yrs now my mom is a 40DD and my older sister is a 32D. and im hardly a 32A. my sister and mom had boobs like a B sence 6th grade. now here i am going into 8th grade and i have none! what so ever yea there a lil there but hardly at all. whats wrong with me?

Posts: 3 | From: charles count maryland u.s | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for starters, you still have a LONG time to grow, sweetie. A lot of women's breasts continue growing into their twenties, so don't freak yet that you'll be small-breasted forever.

And even if you were, there's NOTHING wrong with you.

Breast size IS genetic, but it DOESN'T always come from your mom! Look at all your family, both your dad and your moms side. Any small chested women? It could be that your luck was to get the breast-card from another part of the family.

In all likelihood you'll grow a bit more, you're young still! But if not, it's not the end of the world, and it's completely healthy and normal. Despite what the media and our own self-conciousness loves to tell us, no breast size is better than any other.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CEC523
Activist
Member # 23120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CEC523     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a normal thing. My best friend is a 36C and both her mom and sister are A's.

------------------
"Talking about music is like talking about sex. Can you describe it?"
-Bruce Springsteen

Posts: 124 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ceresbaistat
Activist
Member # 23736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ceresbaistat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You ought to consider yourself blessed. Women who have large breasts often end up with neck and back pain from the weight. Also, we don't get much selection when it comes to getting pretty bras unless they're custom. I'm a 38DD and while I get by just fine, I get neck and back pain especially in the morning. Plus I have to wear special pads under my bra straps to keep them from digging into my shoulders.

Enjoy your small size!

Posts: 52 | From: Seabrook, TX | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paigeypoo
Neophyte
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paigeypoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yea well its not just my moms side its my dads too look at all my aunts and cuzins there all D's my grandmother is even a D. what the hell i really want my boobs to grow they havent grown sence 5th grade. they hardly ever hurt ne more. whats wrong with me. i dont want small boobs my whole life i want at least a 34B by the time in im 10th grade i mean common!!'

write back

Posts: 3 | From: charles count maryland u.s | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is NOTHING wrong with you!

You may still be growing, you could just be one of the ones who blossoms really late, or you could just not grow much more at all; that's how our bodies work. As per why you may be so small and everyone you can see in your family is bigger, there may just be some hidden gene that you picked up that no one else did.

If you are really concerned (which you shouldn't be) you can speak to a doctor or gynecologist and they're bound to tell; you pretty much the same things I have, hon.

There really isn't anything wrong with having small breasts, believe me! Don't fret! And again, like I have said, you could still be growing, it may just take time. There's no way to force your body to do something that it's just not going to do so just relax and wait and see how your body might change.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paigeypoo
Neophyte
Member # 24896

i know that there prolly nothing wrong with me but dosent your period have something to do with yours boobs growning? thats what im kinda worried about i got my period like the beggning of 6th grade now here it is the beginng of 8th and look at me. some times i even get my period 2 times a month. i thought when u get ur period that means that its time for your body to start changing and ur boobs to start growing. am i righ? iv already got the hormones off the wall. im completly obsessed with boys i often get moody swings lol iv hit puberty by far iv got every thing but the boobs. but hey i guess i do still have plenty of time to grow. i mean look at some of my completly flat chested friends. (but they havent got their period yt) but oh well i guess i just need some one to talk to. in stead of posting a reply on here can u jst send it to my e-mail cuz i keep on forgeting my password. edited for reasons stated below
paige

[This message has been edited by wobblyheadedjane (edited 08-15-2005).]

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before I say anything else, please remove your e-mail address. It's for your safety. If you don't remove it, a mod will. In addition, can you please use proper English ettiquete in your future posts? These are rather difficult to read. Thanks!

So, on to your query. Yes, breast growth is related to your period because of puberty. That's the time in your life where your body changes, grows, and works its way to your adult body. This is not a short thing. It goes on for years. Often, your period will be sporadic during this time. In addition, things happen at different times. I for one, had breasts well before I started my period. I was lucky; I had a period that came like clockwork. It was never sporadic until I was 15, when I went on hormonal birth control.

So, every one is different, and everyone goes through puberty. You're surely not alone.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Small breasts are a great. I don't have back pains and bra indentations for having massive breasts. My cousin is a 40DDD and has both of those problems. She says they are heavy and would like to get them downsized. I am a 34B and make certain adjustments to get cleavage or to wear certain outfits that i think would look better with more full looking breasts. I think God for padded bras
Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timichanga
Neophyte
Member # 25025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timichanga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a guy (obviously not having breasts), I can only speak from observation and conversation with my female friends . . . and I wholeheartedly agree with the ladies that believe small breasts are good. I know I'm not the only guy that likes small breasts, but there are lots of other benefits from having smaller breasts besides attractiveness.

*acknowledges the back pain/strap problems*

Playing sports, running, and even daily life is easier and less uncomfortable for young women with smaller breasts. Even if they grow large as you mature, be thankful for the amazing body you've got. Nobody else is like you, and I bet some of your friends are envious of your chest ^^ You're a beautiful creation, so be proud of yourself.

p.s. From what my mom tells me, bigger breasts um . . . sag much more with age *tries not to picture a tennis ball in a stocking*

Posts: 11 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, small breasts are great. But let's remember that big breasts are great, and so are in-between breasts, lopsided breasts, and pretty much any kind of breasts you can think of. It's pretty easy to slip into "X is great, because Y will sag/tear/look wrinkly/grow purple spots." And it's not cool to do 'round these parts. It's always good to be aware, no?
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dani5161
Neophyte
Member # 25394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dani5161     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just turned 15 (bout 2 weeks ago) and am a 32AA, and it's kinda frustrating, coz iv bin growing since i was 10, and started my period about a year ago, and there doesn't seem to be much change. i know loads of 12 year olds who are bigger than me, and that can be quite upsetting. i tried to love my body the way it is but it didnt work for long. and its not even the size that matters, but the fact that they haven't seemed to develop. I'm not sure that my body is normal, and i know many of you are going to say that yes it is, everyones different bla bla, but i'll remind you its the development of my breasts that are worrying me, and not exactly the size of them
Posts: 1 | From: London, England, UK | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry - even the development stage is normal. I didn't grow much either, until between about 17-19, and I finally have a static bra size now at the age of 21 (which is also an A cup). Breast development can vary from person to person. It could be too, that your breasts are done developing already, in which case, it is a case of getting to love them at any size.

If you are really concerned about your development rate, you can certainly ask your doctor the next time you have a checkup.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.