Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Cutting and Enojoying It

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cutting and Enojoying It
TI83Plus
Activist
Member # 19107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TI83Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend used to cut because she was upset. But she hasnt in a while. In months actually. She told me that she enjoys it. Blood is a fetish of hers. She would love it if I scratched her until she bled when we are having sex. Its really sadistic to me and gruesome but it doesn't scare me. Im used to it. But I dont know if it is something I should promote. Is it healthy? Is it ok if she likes it?

Thanks all.

[This message has been edited by TI83Plus (edited 07-31-2005).]

Posts: 124 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redheadedirishman
Neophyte
Member # 24652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redheadedirishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I also like it a bit rough but blood adds more risk to STD transformation. Just keep in mind that if you do you should clean it up quickly and make sure that you don't transmit any of her blood into you. That can lead to worse things than STD's.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TI83Plus
Activist
Member # 19107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TI83Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Both of us have been tested recently and do not have any STDs.

I just know pretty much everyone I know tries to stop people from cutting because it is a weak coping method that helps some people temporarily deal with depression or sadness. But my girlfriend likes the pain and would enjoy cutting even when she is happy.

More advice? Thanks redheadedirishman by the way

Posts: 124 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a difference between self mutilation as a coping or release method and cutting/pain as a means of arousal; the latter is often included in the boundaries of Sadism (arousal from administering pain) and Masochism (arousal from receiving pain).

Like redheadedirishman mentioned, you DO have to be careful when engaging in anything involving sex and blood. STDs aren't the only issue here, cuts on the skin can very easily become infected, for one. Transferal of blood is more of an issue of increasing the risk to pass Hepetitis or HIV, as well as STDs; basically the same risks of passing disease if there was contact or swapping of genital fluids.

Scratching to the point of drawing blood doesn't quite have the same risks as far as STDs go, but they have different risks concernings Hepetitis and HIV and just infections in general.

You may want to read Working the Kinks Out just for some general information, too.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TI83Plus
Activist
Member # 19107

I just read Working the Kinks Out. Its a good article but I dont think it is catered towards what I am looking for. I am not looking for a way to stop her, honestly. I just don't want her to cut all the time and use it as a coping mechanism. I think there are other ways to handle your depression besides cutting up your body.

Would it be healthy to tell her that I would like it if she only did it if she was happy? I would offer her this as an option. Of course she doesn't need to listen to me. I am only offering advice. I just dont want there to be unwanted scars later in life along with what the other people (including my parents) would think about it.

Any more advice? Warnings? Etc?

gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as cutting goes, most cutters aren't actually looking to commit suicide, they're just looking for a way to release tension. Most cutters admit that they feel much better after they cut and don't feel the need to cut themselves again for awhile.

Because of this, cutters need to find another way to release their emotions and tension. Generally a counselor or therapist who specializes in cutters would be the best person to turn to. Perhaps you should see about taking your girlfriend to one, or (I don't know how old the two of you are) telling her parents so they can take her to one.

Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.