Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » pretaining to drug use

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pretaining to drug use
Blink69
Neophyte
Member # 21508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blink69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a quick question... I've suspected that someone close to me has been smoking weed/marjuana lately and their actually getting tested for it. I have see on different websites, depending on the persons weight the traces of it can last for a few hours to months. I believe the person I'm concerned about is apprx. 120 lbs... how long will it take for the traces of weed to leave his system? Thanks!
Posts: 12 | From: orlando, fl | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no way we can tell you. While body weight can play a factor, so does the amount of THC present in the marijuana and how much he smokes over how much of a period of time. The more there is, obviously, the longer it will stay in his system. Still, it affects people differently and remains in the body differently.

Besides that, Scarlateen doesn't really give advice or condone anything related to an illegal activity.

I can tell you, however, that if he is smoking marijuana and getting tested at all regularly or periodically, he's bound to get caught and depending on who is doing the tests and why, he can either be in trouble with his parents, be fired from a job and never be able to list it as a reference since companies will usually pass on drug use information, or he'll be in trouble legally.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hot4nerds
Neophyte
Member # 19419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hot4nerds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will stay in the body's system for at least a month. There is a way to get rid of the traces, but it's very expensive to do and doctors will know that it was used anyhow.
Posts: 38 | From: Albany, Ny | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THC, the active ingredient in pot, is fat-soluble. That means it will take MUCH longer to remove from the body than water-soluble sbstances. Yes, a test can detect it after a month.

As for those detoxes, they work by flushing water out of your body. they're diuretics, meaning that make you pee a lot. They're commonly used by potheads who wanna pass drug screens, but it takes a while because THC is FAT-soluble.

So c'mon, your friend's not gaining anything by smoking pot. how about you try to support him into a more sober lifestyle?

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.