Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Bruises

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bruises
CEC523
Activist
Member # 23120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CEC523     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently, my boyfriend and I were experimenting and discovered that I like to be bit (bitten? which is grammatically correct?). This is something I really enjoy and I feel enhances my sexual experience, but I've been left with a few sizeable bruises. We've been making a point to keep them in places that can be covered (stomach, back, legs as opposed to neck, shoulders, etc.) but I just found out I'm supposed to go to a pool party on Sunday and I have two noticeable bruises - one on my thigh and one on the upper part of my breast. Is there any way I could get these to heal faster? When it comes to hickeys, I remember hearing about a method where you use a toothbrush to pretty much scrub it out.. is there anything like that I can do?

------------------
"Talking about music is like talking about sex. Can you describe it?"
-Bruce Springsteen

Posts: 124 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Bitten" would have been grammatically correct.

There's a whole section of the kama sutra devoted to love biting, so you're not the first to discover that nibbles can be enjoyable (but it ain't for everybody).

Anyway, hickeys are the same thing as bruises. A toothbrush is not going to help in either case. Putting ice on it can reduce the swelling, but if you've already got the greenish-purple blotches going on, your best bet might be to wear a swimsuit coverup (a sarong, wrap, skirt, or whatever). Of if you can find it, a water-proof creme concealer may cover it better.

but in the future, try sinking your teeth into each other a little more gently so no marks are left behind.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hot4nerds
Neophyte
Member # 19419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hot4nerds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I never heard of a toothbrush scrubbing, but I heard if you rub a comb over it, it's supposed to make it less noticeable, but I think that's only because you're making more skin red around the bruise/hickey.

And there's always the old-time method of leeches to suck the blood out.

Posts: 38 | From: Albany, Ny | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Use the top of your lip liner and on your bruise/hikey with the top rub on it it will get red but twist over it for about one minute it might be a bit painfull do it again in 10 mins nect day u will be fine u will hardly see it before sunday iy will be gone trust me it works it has saved me wonders..learned it frm an ex girl i had =\
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nephthys
Neophyte
Member # 24128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nephthys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had time and were able to you could use henna to draw a design over them and then the henna stain would be there for a couple of weeks and should cover them up. It wouldn't wash off in the pool. Temporary tattoos being put over the areas are another thing I've heard of, but if you were in the water a long period of time those would start to rub off also.

I've heard a comb works because when you come it you are spreading the blood out that is trapped under the skin. Don't know if it works all that well, never really did for me.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SOMEBODY
Activist
Member # 17368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SOMEBODY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the best way to get rid of them, I used to get hickeys VERY often, and I found that my technique works best. I use the cap of the lipstick and twist it around where the hickey is. It is going to turn more red, but it takes off the purpleness. After a few minutes, the redness goes away and there shouldnt be anything anymore. If it hurts you or irritates you, put a spoon in the freezer for a while then take it out and put it where the hickey is. That should help if it hurts or swells or something. Hope I helped!!
Posts: 129 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.