Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Skin care and shaving

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skin care and shaving
Aya
Neophyte
Member # 17639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to make two posts about this, but I figured it would be easier if I just did it all here. Ok, I have two questions.

One is I am trying to find the right product to use for my skin. I am 19, I have acne and I am trying to fight it. I want to keep my skin healthy. I am pretty big an herbal stuff. I heard that green tea is really good for your skin. I have also seen skin care products with green tea in them. Does any one have any idea where I can find something like this? Or any other recomendations?

Also, my second thing. I really don't like body hair. I find that shaving seems to be my best option. I am going to the beach tomorrow and I would like to shave legs/crotch area. It's always painful to shave there and I can get pretty bad razor burn. I know you shouldn't use certain kinds of soaps and lotions there too. Any tips on the best way to shave for my skin?

Thank you very much ^^

Posts: 34 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenna D.
Activist
Member # 18964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenna D.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Tea tree oil can be good for your acne, but be careful of using too much or you'll dry out. You can find it at places like The Body Shop or other bath and body type stores, I think.

Here is a thread discussing different ways different people take care of their skin: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001237.html.

Check out Gumdrop Girl's fabulous Shaving FAQ (http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/003629.html) for info on shaving and other hair-removal options. I'd say though, if it's always painful for you, shaving probably isn't your best option. I know that's not really any good for a trip you're taking tomorrow, but for future reference. If you do shave your bikini line, make sure you use plenty of warm water and shaving cream, and use a fresh razor, going with the growth of the hair, not against it. When you're done, put on lotion or aloe. This will help stop irritation.

If you want to find anything else on the boards, try searching "acne," "skin care," and "body hair"; you'll find some great threads.

Posts: 72 | From: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.