Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » I gotta question PLZ HELP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I gotta question PLZ HELP
Sum1curious
Neophyte
Member # 22825

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Sum1curious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok this is gunna sound dumb but I gave a blowjob in like the middle or beginning of last month and I havent gotten my period. I mean like I normally get it in the beginning or end of each month but I dont know. I was on my period when I did it. PLZ HELP ME IM SCARED THAT IM PREGNANT
Posts: 2 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 18722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 113533     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oral sex alone will not get you pregnant. However, unprotected oral sex does put you at risk for STD's. Plan for an STD screening in the near future, and it's also advisable to start practicing safer sex.
Posts: 169 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sum1curious
Neophyte
Member # 22825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sum1curious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thing is how do I tell my mom? And would an STD stop my period?
Posts: 2 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
papou_fruit
Activist
Member # 15399

Icon 10 posted      Profile for papou_fruit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, an STD would not stop your period if you only had oral sex.
I would consult your boyfriend first and possibly go in together and both be screened for STDs.
I believe the only thing you'd be susceptable to is herpes(little boil-type sores around the mouth would develop), unless I'm mistaken.
Otherwise, just sit with your mom and talk about it if you really want to be screened.
Next time, use a condom, even for oral sex.

Posts: 68 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I believe the only thing you'd be susceptable to is herpes(little boil-type sores around the mouth would develop), unless I'm mistaken.

I'm afraid you are mistaken . Unprotected oral sex can transmit a whole range of STDs, including syphilis, gonorrhea and HIV as well as herpes:

A Quickie STD/STI Risk Assessment

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bradley
Neophyte
Member # 21709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, also if you think that you can get pregnant from oral sex, you maybe should have waited to do it. Make sure you know all of the risks before you make such a major decision.

------------------
[&!kassi] theres no one that gets me like you do.. you are my only one*

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.