Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Masturbation Fantasies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masturbation Fantasies
eager_beaver16
Neophyte
Member # 21731

Icon 5 posted      Profile for eager_beaver16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked my boyfriend what he thinks about when he masturbates, and I'm sort of sorry I did. He told me he thinks about girls we both know. He said they would be naked and tied up and he would whip them and hurt them. Of course, I've heard of this before, but is it really true what he says, that it's only fantasy and not reality. I trust him, but I'm a little freaked out by it. Can anyone advise me?
Posts: 2 | From: California, U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
seriously. he's not the only person who has S*M fantasies. it's pretty common. And yeah, there's a hasm between fantasy and reality. He might daydream about it, but in reality, it's really unlikely he'll ever attempt it, and in some cases, the reality of it might actually repulse him.

what can you do? well, be more selective about what you ask people. and secondly, keep telling yourself it's only fantasy.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Norrell
Neophyte
Member # 21514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Norrell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something to maybe keep in mind is that pain and pleasure belong on the same spectrum, just at opposite ends, so really it's not surprising that the 2 can get a but mixed up imo.
Posts: 14 | From: Dunedin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something else to think about is that elements of bondage and domination/discipline and sadism/masochism are common in a lot of popular culture and collective fantasy. Ever heard anyone joke about handcuffs or blindfolds during sex, or seen a movie in which someone in leather bondage gear is played for a joke (the most recent example I'm coming up with here is Dodgeball)? This isn't too far out there, these days.

Fantasy and reality are by far two different things, but it might be helpful to learn a little bit more about why people might find this exciting or arousing, and to find out whether your partner wants to keep this a fantasy. We have an article that deals with some of these issues:

Working the Kinks Out

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"And when the answer that you want/Is in the question that you state/Come what may..." - Coheed and Cambria, "Blood Red Summer"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nachtgeist
Neophyte
Member # 19932

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nachtgeist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's because I'm in a happy, consensual S&M relationship, but I'd personally be more concerned about the other girls factor to the fantasy...

it's true that it's just fantasy, and they're a far cry from reality... but you may wanna talk to him about it...'cause talking is pretty much everything. yeh.

------------------
rocking out for the future

Are you a Master Debater?

Posts: 34 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eager_beaver16
Neophyte
Member # 21731

Icon 12 posted      Profile for eager_beaver16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by nachtgeist:
Maybe it's because I'm in a happy, consensual S&M relationship, but I'd personally be more concerned about the other girls factor to the fantasy...

it's true that it's just fantasy, and they're a far cry from reality... but you may wanna talk to him about it...'cause talking is pretty much everything. yeh.

Well, after reading the responses from you and the others (I want to thank you all) and reading the stuff you've got at scarleteen on the subject, I definitly was feeling reassured and more comfortable. You can't put toothpaste back in the tube, and since I already talked to my guy about this once, I plunged in again. I asked him if he wants to keep it all fantasy, I mean what would he really want to do if given the chance?
Nothing with the other girls he says, only me. He already spanks me, I never thought of that as the same kind of thing. A real eye-opener!

Posts: 2 | From: California, U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.