Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » perianal hair?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: perianal hair?
curiousvirgin
Neophyte
Member # 21062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousvirgin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay, so this is kind of embarassing, but how do i get rid of perianal hair? that is, what is the most efficient method? can i use wax strips?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you have to get rid of it ...?

If you absolutely must get rid of it (and i'm not sure why you'd have to), i'd assume waxing would be the way to go.

But again, it's normal ... We all have it. Unless it's a huge bother to you, i'd leave it right where it is.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
devons*babii
Neophyte
Member # 21257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for devons*babii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shave.. it kinda sucks but I think waxing would hurt.... ALOT more.
Posts: 5 | From: Velva, ND US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbarosa
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbarosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel compelled to add my two pennies here...
I would not encourage waxing for the following reasons
  • unless someone is doing this for you it may be difficult to put the wax on while avoiding the very delicate anal skin
  • even with someone helping it may be hard to keep from getting the wax on the anal skin, and when removed in the usual dramtic fashion you might tear the skin as well

I have no special salon knowledge, and imagine there are precautions that can be taken. I just wanted to encourage caution.

Posts: 380 | From: Up North, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TiinKerBeLlxO
Neophyte
Member # 21187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiinKerBeLlxO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how do i get rid of perianal hair?

perianal hair? wat is that?

Posts: 3 | From: Fall River Mass USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perianal hair is just hair on and around the anus (the space between the vulva and the anus is called the perineum, hence the 'peri' part!)
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CMTFlovesHAH
Activist
Member # 12774

Icon 4 posted      Profile for CMTFlovesHAH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
devons*babii

How can you shave there? I mean, having a razor near delicate skin? I am not asking for a play by play or anything, but all I can say is ouch!

I was watching a show one time about people's habbits, and this one guy got his father to shave his butt hair, so if this guy can't shave his own butt, it must be hard to shave around there.

Don't you think it would be dangerous/easy to cut something down there and get an infection?

Also, who see's this hair anyway? I think it would be hard to notice it.

I stick by the, why bother answer.

But, it's a free country...

------------------
"That'll put some marzipan in your pie plate, Bingo!" - Buffybot

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

[This message has been edited by CMTFlovesHAH (edited 01-08-2005).]

Posts: 76 | From: NC, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 11 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read that as perineal hair ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Londongirl
Activist
Member # 18235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Londongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by wobblyheadedjane:
Perianal hair is just hair on and around the anus (the space between the vulva and the anus is called the perineum, hence the 'peri' part!)

Peri means around, so perianal literally means around the anus, nothing more.

------------------
Londongirl
Thirtysomething and not actually counting
Who the **** is Londongirl?

Posts: 352 | From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 14 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duly noted, Londongirl. Thanks!
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bubblex
Activist
Member # 17452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bubblex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been doing brazilian waxes on myself for a long time an, while it may hurt a bit, waxing is well worth the effort as the hairs generally grow back finer and with less follicles. You can get special numbing spray at sally hanson if waxing plain hurts too much.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
00goddess
Activist
Member # 11734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00goddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have shaved there before; it just requires some positioning and a careful hand. Patience is the word.

If you decide to shave there, then do so by reaching between your legs; don't go around your back.

Posts: 50 | From: houston, TX | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.