Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Embarassing question...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Embarassing question...
curiousvirgin
Neophyte
Member # 21062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousvirgin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay, so i have noticed something weird about my vagina..when i try to insert a tampon (or a finger, for that matter) it feels as if there is a wall of tissue that separates my vagina into two parts. it's really scary because i have studied diagrams of the female anatomy and from looking at them, i can't figure out what it is. if someone could please tell me what they think, i would appreciate it.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bloodyashes
Neophyte
Member # 18327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bloodyashes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not postive what that could be but if u are worried u can sit down with a mirrior and just look. IT is probly nothign and just the way it feels to you. Best advice jsut look.
Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizzygs
Neophyte
Member # 20116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizzygs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how far in are you sticking your finger? could it be that you're feeling your cervix? the vagina isn't as deep as people often think it is. or could it be that your hymen isn't broken yet? i'm not sure if that might cause that feeling, but it is logical.
Posts: 15 | From: vermont | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like this is simply a piece of your hymen that hasn't eroded away yet. It is completely normal.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
domncroxd
Activist
Member # 20869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for domncroxd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Beppie:
It seems like this is simply a piece of your hymen that hasn't eroded away yet. It is completely normal.

hmmm...but i thought that it was easy to tear the hymen, especially if you insert a finger into yourself? just wondering...

Posts: 53 | From: Melbourne, Australi | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiousvirgin
Neophyte
Member # 21062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiousvirgin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lizzygs:
how far in are you sticking your finger? could it be that you're feeling your cervix? the vagina isn't as deep as people often think it is. or could it be that your hymen isn't broken yet? i'm not sure if that might cause that feeling, but it is logical.

i'm not sticking it in far at all. i'm not sure if my hymen is broken or not..i am a virgin, but still. the thing is, i am most likely going to be losing my virginity soon and i just feel like there's something wrong with my vagina..like the guy won't be able to penetrate me because there's this weird tissue wall that is in the middle of my vagina.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizzygs
Neophyte
Member # 20116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizzygs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, as bloodyashes said, you could have a look with a mirror. looking at your own vagina might help you figure out what's going on. visuals are good.
Posts: 15 | From: vermont | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.