Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Guys and Girls opinions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guys and Girls opinions
sexysexgoddess
Activist
Member # 18606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexysexgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok im real curious about this but whats everyone's side on sex during a girls period?

------------------
~*Music Is The Hidden Meaning Of Life*~

Posts: 94 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my personal opinion I wouldn't be comfortable having sex while I was on my period. I don't think it's a bad thing if someone else wants to do it, just be a little bit messier than I'd like.
Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrimsonCriminal
Activist
Member # 20650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrimsonCriminal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's meant to help cramps, but I'm really protective when I have my periods, and me and my parthner accidentally had a bloody mary by cutting it too close to the date my periods were meant to start, I think it's kinda okay as long as you're both prepared and willing.
Posts: 105 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlet
Activist
Member # 20305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex with a guy who didn't mind having sex while I was on my period. As long as it was in the shower so there was no mess to clean up, he was game.

------------------
.:*starlet

Posts: 131 | From: VA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexysexgoddess
Activist
Member # 18606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sexysexgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yah i dont find anything wrong with it and i know lots of guys dont mind especially if its in the showerbut would you recommend having sex for the first time in a shower?

------------------
~*Music Is The Hidden Meaning Of Life*~

Posts: 94 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
The problem with sex in the shower is that it tends to wash the water-based lube off of the condom causing discomfort for the woman and increasing the chances of condom failure. And, yes, you can get pregnant while on your period.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 11-25-2004).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christinejones
Activist
Member # 19128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christinejones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i like sex during my period - for some reason i find my sensitivity really heightened on the second to last day or so of my period (i don't whether that's to do with hormones or what) but i almost always have a much more intense orgasm if i have sex then - whether by masturabtion or p/v sex. i just feel that much more sensitive and aroused. so as long as the guy isn't gonna get freaked out by blood on his penis/condom it's great for me - i don't know if there are any extra health risks associated with it...
Posts: 139 | From: los angeles | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i don't know if there are any extra health risks associated with it...

It's not dangerous in itself, but having blood around makes it easier for some STDs to be transmitted. So safer sex is especially important .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlet
Activist
Member # 20305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I can't say I would recommend having sex, for the first time, in the shower. But each to their own.

------------------
.:*starlet

Posts: 131 | From: VA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 2 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no problems with sex on my period, as i tend to be more aroused. My partner and I don't find it messy or gross. We've been together for 3.5 years. So what if it's lil bloody and messy, we still proceed to have sex because we want to and are in love with each other for who we are.

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see any problem with it, especially if you're using protection. As others have mentioned, some women are particularly aroused at that time of the month, and the added lubrication can be a bonus.
Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
domncroxd
Activist
Member # 20869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for domncroxd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm...
well my boyfriend gets really freaked out, but he's ok if i'm onto my 'finishing' days of the cycle, because it's really light by then. otherwise he gets squeamish...haha. usually though, i don't really enjoy having sex when i have my period, even when it's really really light...it's just not my type of thing.

Posts: 53 | From: Melbourne, Australi | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My SO is more comfortable with my period than I am, sometimes. He has no issues with it, and I'm simply concerned about blood on the sheets. A towel takes care of that problem.
Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.