Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Is It Really Wrong???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is It Really Wrong???
iCoMeArOuNd
Neophyte
Member # 20817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iCoMeArOuNd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been going on this weird streak . . .
I'm 19 yrs old, no sense of direction . . .
up until I was left thinking in my room and came up with a new hobbie . . .
Lately, I've been going out, hanging out, with many guys . . .
Sometimes it gets hectic cus' I end up seeing like 4 guys in one day . . .
Well, the thing that has had me concerned is that I go around giving blue balls to all the guys!
I basically jump on them, make them think I'm ready for anything but in the end when they're taking their clothes off, I make up a stupid excuse and leave them all turned on.
Everytime I do this, I get a kick out of it up until I sit and think to realize that it is wrong for me to be doing that.
But I enjoy at the moment . . .
Then I realize its wrong . . .
So this dilemna has been going inside of my head for a while now . . .
The last time I did this to a guy, was yesterday . . .
This time it got to me cus' he made a remark like "why did you do that, I could get sick by getting blue balls you know!"

Is it really wrong??

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djynnjah
Activist
Member # 20056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djynnjah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody gets sick from blue balls but I think it's also unfair of you to be playing this power game with boys. I won't presume to know what drives you to mess with their heads (no pun intended) but you really need to find a new hobby. Fun at other people's expense is fun at other people's expense, no matter what form it takes.
Posts: 65 | From: Caribbean | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freakedout
Activist
Member # 9702

Icon 4 posted      Profile for freakedout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Doing that is mean. You know exactly what you're doing and yet continue to do it. Also, it must be nice to have like 4 guys a day who want to have sex with you. Don't use that against them.

------------------
*The only need for a baseball bat besides hitting homeruns is for shattering the knee caps of every cheater in the world.

Posts: 123 | From: Wisconsin, United States | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smilee_kylie
Activist
Member # 20046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilee_kylie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can understand why you get a kick out of it. I'd probably get a kick out of doing that too. It sounds fun, but ultimately, its not very nice. I think the fact that you feel bad afterwards answers your question of whether it is wrong or not. Restrain yourself from getting the guys so close they end up taking their clothes off etc. Save this for a boyfriend. However, if you do enjoy hooking up with all these guys, try to limit yourself by not going so far or perhaps give them something else instead of sex so at least they gain something from the experience instead of being left feeling like they were played.

I dunno if I should be suggesting all this, but yes, it doesn't sound very nice to these guys who are getting the wrong idea. Maybe find something else as a hobby .

Posts: 58 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beyond being knowingly cruel and manipulative, you're also really endangering yourself.

It would not be at all unusual at some point for somone you have done this to to get aggreesive in return and attack you phyiscally or sexually, kid. If this gets you beaten or raped, I assure you it won't be so funny anymore.

Moreover, let's put the shoe on the other-gendered foot: let's say a given guy makes a "hobby" out of randomly grabbing every women's breasts who passes him by. Know what that is? It's sexual harassment. Essentially, so is what you're doing, save that you're at a much greater risk by doing so.

This isn't a hobby. Nor is it consensual sex where you're making clear what your limits are in advance, and (validly) expecting partner to respect them: in fact, you are making a point to misrepresent your limits, keep them vague AND make a point of trying to get to a point where a given person wants more than you know, from the outset, you are willing not willing to go. It's a mean-spirited, emotionally manipulative and dangerous powerplay, and I suggest you knock it off, ASAP, and not only fnd something productve to do with your time, but work on gettng some real self-respect while you're at it AND some respect for others.

And kylie, I'm sorry to single you out, but the advice you just gave was truly horrid. No token gift or thing give is going to be compensation for being intentionally manipulated and toyed with because somone else is feeling bored and insecure, and advising a user to continue with this is any way is advising her to put herself in harm's way and treat other people like toys.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 11-14-2004).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbarosa
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbarosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a few questions you may consider food for thought to add to these other posts;
  • How would you respond if the victim refused your advances?
  • Why did the idea that your actions might physically harm your victims make you think more about this and not the ethics of your behavior?
  • Miz Scarlet has a valid point about harm, if you choose your victims poorly you may have very real risk to yourself, is the thrill worth that risk?
  • If that did happen (God forbid), how defendable will your be in court, especially considering that in most courts the woman victim of a violent sexual crime rarly gets a fair trial? Consider the alleged victim in the Koby B. trial for example. While laws are written to preclude admission of certain past behaviors from being admitted in court in cases of sexual assault, if I recall correctly in this case the young woman’s past behavior did get admitted. And I doubt she had a fair trial as a result of that at least in part.
  • Do not misunderstand me, NO ONE under any circumstances deserves to be sexually assaulted, and NO means just that, no matter when it is said. At the same time, no one deserves to be treated the way you are treating these boys either
  • Consider that there may be healthier ways to meet you needs than these risky activities.

If it is hard to avoid doing this with your dates, perhaps laying off dating for a while and talking about these needs to a counselor would be time well spent.

Posts: 380 | From: Up North, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrimsonCriminal
Activist
Member # 20650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrimsonCriminal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An another thing is, a lot of guys like to use blue balls to prompt you to continue. They roll up into a little ball and go "waah! GIVE ME AN ORGASM NOW! I have blue balls!" while they could simply go and whack it for a bob. You are putting yourself in danger from that aswell. Above all, you are a one cruel lady. In grade 9, someone I liked asked me out (weehay!) and when I said yes he said "just kidding". I promised myself that I would never do that to anyone, and that dude was a jerk anyway.

------------------
OH NO! THE CRIMINAL IN CRIMSON IS OUT ON THE LOOSE! Warning: The said individual dresses in a bright red tuxedo and carries a cartoonishly large red pencil. Upon sighting a frowning person the said individual corners them and doodles all over their face. Beware.

Posts: 105 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.