Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » i hate my boobs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i hate my boobs
lilbabieemee
Neophyte
Member # 19866

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilbabieemee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i shouldnt say that because i dont have any ...im 16 and im totally flat and it sucks ..im always wearing sweatshirts to cover them. i cant stand it when other girls have them when i dont . it makes me shy and stuff cause i dont have any confindence ya know? do u kno any ideas how i can get over this. thanks
Posts: 10 | From: new hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blink
Activist
Member # 18892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have very small breasts too, and I used to be really insecure about them and only wear baggy clothes and stuff. But eventually, I realized that it doesn't matter what size my breasts are--if people like me, they like me, if they don't, they don't. Just because I don't fit beauty standards doesn't mean I'm not beautiful.

But I know it can be hard to stop being shy and embarrassed by your chest. The best advice I can give is to stop thinking about it so much and concentrate on parts of your appearance and personality that you like. Never walk away from a mirror without thinking a positive thing about yourself. Remember that anyone who judges you by the size of your chest is really, really, really stupid, and probably not someone you'd want to be listening to anyway.

And if it helps any, lots of my friends with big breasts wish they had small ones, because they say big breasts are a pain.

[This message has been edited by Blink (edited 11-02-2004).]

Posts: 106 | From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen that a lot of times, but, even at the risk of sounding nit-picky, it's not cool to say such and such body type is good because other body types aren't so great, so "count yourself lucky."

You're lucky because you're you, nobody else has your body and individualism is beautiful, big breasts, small breasts and everything in-between.

[This message has been edited by faifai (edited 11-02-2004).]

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blink
Activist
Member # 18892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faifai--

I didn't mean to imply that it's not good to have large breasts, but I see how it came across that way, so I edited. I guess I just meant to point out that people whose bodies you might be envying might be envying yours.

Thanks for pointing it out. Sorry.

Posts: 106 | From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blink
Activist
Member # 18892

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blink:
[B]I have very small breasts too, and I used to be really insecure about them and only wear baggy clothes and stuff. But eventually, I realized that it doesn't matter what size my breasts are--if people like me, they like me, if they don't, they don't. Just because I don't fit beauty standards doesn't mean I'm not beautiful.

But I know it can be hard to stop being shy and embarrassed by your chest. The best advice I can give is to stop thinking about it so much and concentrate on parts of your appearance and personality that you like. Never walk away from a mirror without thinking a positive thing about yourself. Remember that anyone who judges you by the size of your chest is really, really, really stupid, and probably not someone you'd want to be listening to anyway.

smilee_kylie
Activist
Member # 20046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilee_kylie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are your worried about the size of your breasts? Is it because society says that big breasts are beautiful? That doesn't mean you still aren't beautiful. I have small breasts and I didn't used to be very happy about that but my boyfriend says they are just perfect, in fact he prefers my size in contrast to 'big' breasts so i feel a whole lot more secure about them. In fact, some girls don't like breasts at all and might be envying you. It could be worse, you could have two different sized breasts (which does happen! like one of the stories on this site) or you could have had really large breasts that stand out too much.

The point is to be happy with what you've got. I know its hard and as long as you are a female you will constantly be dissatisfied at something about your looks. But the more you realise that that is how your body is and no matter what media, peers or society says is beautiful, you are fine! You'll find you're not alone and that many of your friends will be just as worried about something of their looks and perhaps jealous of you.

Posts: 58 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skittlez
Neophyte
Member # 20332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skittlez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't know if this will help.. But i've been in ur palce before.. what i did to overcome that was that i just tried on different bras.. for example, wearing unpadded bras with wires in it.. it'll give your breast more of a natural shape and makes it look better rather than wearing padded ones.

I use to envy of big breasted girls too wishing that i did have big breast, but I just have to accept the fact that what I have is what makes myself stand out, it makes me who I am, not like everyone else, I, myself am unique.
Also, if whenever ur legal age.. and u know for sure that ur growing have stopped in the chest areas.. there are many solutions out there that u can pick from.. as long as ur happy with it and know what ur getting urself into it.

[This message has been edited by skittlez (edited 11-03-2004).]

Posts: 28 | From: CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlet
Activist
Member # 20305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for starlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are plenty of guys out there who like girls with smaller breasts. A lot of it also deals with proportion of the person. Look around. There are actually many small chested women in Hollywood and they aren't ashamed.
I read somewhere that most women's boobs don't stop growing till their mid twenties. Assuming you're not that old yet, never fear, your boobs might still grow.

------------------
.:*starlet

Posts: 131 | From: VA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrimsonCriminal
Activist
Member # 20650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrimsonCriminal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, you're 16 and you will not stop growing until you're 21 or so. People grow in mysterious ways, a year or so ago I was completely flat, but now I have some breasts, albeit small, they are still there and they are a pain because I get stretchmarked very easily.

It's not all about breats you know. If someone likes you genuinely, they would like all of you, with your perks and ups and downs. Do people stop loving each other when they are angry at each other? I don't really think so. There is a lot more to you than your chest, so stop worying about it and have fun.

Posts: 105 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Light Bulb
Neophyte
Member # 19125

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Black Light Bulb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I HATE my boobs!~ 1 is mature and round and the other isn't round at all. The round one is almost a B cup, but the other is an A cup. Just recently I found a bra that made me feel a little better, because somehow it gave me cleavage(It isn't padded or anything!)... So I pretty much feel you're pain. Luckly I found a guy that prefers small boobs to big ones. His reason: when you're older they don't sag as much!

So Be happy, I know it is hard, but trust me, you'll have more fun if you just learn to at least respect your chest.

Posts: 15 | From: Ca. USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita18
Activist
Member # 15951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just another flatchested gal here! Yeah, I used to be all self-conscious about them too (having a relationship with a self-proclaimed "boob man" didn't help even though he said he didn't mind that mine were small), but now I really like them. I just really like my shape. It's mine, what can I say? The human body is an amazing thing, and what's great about it is that everyone's is different!
Posts: 218 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrsty4chikin
Neophyte
Member # 20679

Icon 12 posted      Profile for thrsty4chikin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive given tis advice to another girl who was upset about her body.
in 10 years do you really think it will matter how big your boobs are? no it wont what will matter is what you learned while you were young. what wont matter is who WAS prettier or who WAS a c or d cup.
also right now there are things alot more important than your bra size. like who is president, and how the land of tolerance isnt so "tolerent". there are issues at hand more important. i mean tomorrow i could be living in CANADA, so im really not worried about how i look.
oh, and also, boob implants are a BAAAAAD idea. i no sumone who got them and she is MISERABLE, she says it feels like shes always lugging around a huge secret, and that it TOTALLY wasnt worth it.

Posts: 5 | From: madison,wisconsin,america | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrsty4chikin
Neophyte
Member # 20679

Icon 12 posted      Profile for thrsty4chikin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive given tis advice to another girl who was upset about her body.
in 10 years do you really think it will matter how big your boobs are? no it wont what will matter is what you learned while you were young. what wont matter is who WAS prettier or who WAS a c or d cup.
also right now there are things alot more important than your bra size. like who is president, and how the land of tolerance isnt so "tolerent". there are issues at hand more important. i mean tomorrow i could be living in CANADA, so im really not worried about how i look.
oh, and also, boob implants are a BAAAAAD idea. i no sumone who got them and she is MISERABLE, she says it feels like shes always lugging around a huge secret, and that it TOTALLY wasnt worth it.

Posts: 5 | From: madison,wisconsin,america | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rasee
Neophyte
Member # 4867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rasee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 23 years old. Up until three years ago I was a 40 EE. I am only about 5'3" and have a curvy figure. My breasts sagged and caused me constant backache and neckache. I hated my breasts. I couldn't find clothes to fit me, couldn't find bras to support me, and I couldn't stand to look at myself in the mirror. Three years ago I had a breast reduction surgery and now both my breasts are scarred. It's not a pretty site. But I love my breasts because I'm healthier because of my surgery. I can wear clothes that don't hang off me, I can find cute bras, my back and neck don't hurt anymore, and I can jump around and run around without pain and discomfort.

Beauty is relative and you are stuck with your body forever so learn to love her. She's beautiful. She lets you run and jump and dance and laugh. She's yours for life.

And if you're worried that boys won't like them--trust me, they will. My boyfriend adores my breasts, scars and all. If anyone ever makes you feel bad because of your breasts, you need to simply get away from them. Not worth it.

------------------
"Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself." - Richard Bach

Sushi for Beginners

Posts: 23 | From: Bangkok, Thailand | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.