Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Hair on outside of nose

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hair on outside of nose
richard77
Activist
Member # 17257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richard77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All

I have quite a bit of hair growing on the outside of my nose it is short and white but there is lots of itand its getting longer. How do I get rid of it for god, I am going to the doctors in a few days is it worth mentioning or would he just laugh at me.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver1381
Activist
Member # 18771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver1381     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as getting rid of the hair for good, I don't have any recommendations. However, since you said you have an appointment with your doctor anyway, sure you could ask him or her about it. He or she may have some suggestions for you. I don't see any harm in asking.
Posts: 123 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note: any doctor that laughs at his/her patients for any queries they might have is not a good doctor.
Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richard77
Activist
Member # 17257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richard77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JamsessionVT:
Just a note: any doctor that laughs at his/her patients for any queries they might have is not a good doctor.

I am afraid that I proved to be a coward and did not ask.

Does anyone know if its common for hair to grow on the outside of a males nose and is there any way to remove it permently.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 66 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djynnjah
Activist
Member # 20056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djynnjah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For permanent hair removal, there's electrolysis treatments, if you can shell out for them. I don't know how much they cost and I think there's a risk of hyperpigmentation in darker skin tones, but I can't remember for sure. It's not surgery, more like a high tech beauty treatment (they 'zap' the hair at the root and keep it from growing back). It's been a long time since I looked it up so do your research and find someone/someplace reputable to do it. Can't hurt to ask the doc either.

[This message has been edited by Djynnjah (edited 11-08-2004).]

Posts: 65 | From: Caribbean | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have nose fuzz, too. a Biore strip can clear out your pores and rip some of those hairs out. otherwise, it's not big deal. if the hair bothers you, I wouldn't recommend shaving. instead some waxing type of action would be better.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if the hair is sort of like 'peach fuzz', then i think it's pretty common for most people, male and female, to have some.

it usually isn't all that noticeable but if it bothers you, i think gumdrop's suggestion was a pretty good one.

i have this one tiny white hair that keeps sprouting on my cheek and i can see it with my peripheral vision and it irritates the hell out of me. but it's near impossible to find when i look in the mirror!

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djynnjah
Activist
Member # 20056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djynnjah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
:lol: I have this one long, thick bristly beard hair that grows out of my chin now and then. I just yank it with a tweezer. Constant plucking slows growth so I actually haven't had to go after it in a while.
Posts: 65 | From: Caribbean | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.