Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » Ever Wonder...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ever Wonder...
DiamondGirl2K
Activist
Member # 9162

Icon 5 posted      Profile for DiamondGirl2K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Scarleteen,
In the past I've heard how two or maybe more women who are living together can end up having their periods around the same time. Me and my best friend have been hanging out alot these past couple of months because the guys we've been seeing live together. We always go to their house to see them on the same days. Even outside of seeing our guys, we always hang out at least 3 or more times a week.
So for the last couple of cycles, our periods have been coming around the same time about a day or so apart. Is this theory true and if it is, then what causes it? I find it so funny because I never thought that to be true. Thanks for anyone who answers!

Posts: 137 | From: The Home of The Greatest: NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAMF
Neophyte
Member # 19063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAMF         Edit/Delete Post 
It's sometimes called "menstrual synchrony." Researchers seem to think that this is caused by pheromones, which are natural chemicals that are emitted as odors from the body, although we are usually unaware of actually smelling them. It is believed that women living very closely with one another are affected unconsciously by the various pheromones they release during different phases of their fertility cycles. Weird, eh?

------------------
~Frabs! ^.^

Posts: 17 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curemyheart
Activist
Member # 15977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curemyheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, this has happened to me. Isnt it strange? :-P
Posts: 90 | From: Under the California Sun | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freakedout
Activist
Member # 9702

Icon 10 posted      Profile for freakedout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This has happened to me too! It's odd, but weirdly fascinating.

------------------
*The only need for a baseball bat besides hitting homeruns is for shattering the knee caps of every cheater in the world.

Posts: 123 | From: Wisconsin, United States | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.