Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » I haven't told my mom...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I haven't told my mom...
hiyapeeps23
Activist
Member # 17908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiyapeeps23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) I got my period on July 16, 2003, and I still haven't told my mom. When and how should I tell her?

2) How do I get rid of oily skin?

Posts: 118 | From: Where the shoobies roam... | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goodbye_blue_sky96
Neophyte
Member # 6829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodbye_blue_sky96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I would just outright tell her, that's the easiest tactic for me, although being a guy I've never had to tell someone something as big as that. So that's just what I'd do. As for oily skin, is this just regular oily skin, totally unrelated to your period question? Well you can wash it with soap, if its your face they have acne washes that get rid of oil, and body washes for the same thing. That's the easiest thing I can think of off the top of my head is just bathing and washing.
Posts: 36 | From: ......up......there..... | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, you can choose NOT to tell your mom, but she'll find out anyway. If you choose not to tell your mother, then you need to take care of two big things yourself: buy your own feminine hygiene products, take yourself to the doctor every year for your pelvic exam.

These things can be costly on the limited budget of a teen, so its just good to tell your mom. Don't beat around the bush, just say something like, "Mom, can you pick up some pads for me the next time you go to the store?"

oily skin? cut back on greasy food, drink LOADS of plain water. And I like Neutrogena Oil-free Acne wash. good stuff

------------------
Q ... E ... D ... bee-yatch!
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spaz097
Neophyte
Member # 17906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spaz097     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell her as soon as you can. She probably wouldn't mind knowing, and when you do tell her you immediatly have someone you can ask questions about this. How to tell her would be as easy as bringing it up whenever. Just say you'd like her to know so she's not surprised if you need a quick trip to the store for tampons.
Posts: 4 | From: NC | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita18
Activist
Member # 15951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. It's just more convenient and she'd probably find out anyway if she sees any pads or tampons in your vicinity. I mean, moms have periods too, right?

As for the oily skin, there's nothing you can really put on it that will "fix" it. I've had oily skin since as long as I can remember (4th grade?) and I've managed to fight off the big red pimples by using Proactiv. My skin's still oily, but it's less red and less likely to break out. I just wash my face with water every so often to freshen up. It doesn't really bother me anymore.

Posts: 218 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.