Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » white hair!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: white hair!
frenchy
Activist
Member # 11720

Icon 4 posted      Profile for frenchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 18 and yesterday, i found that i've got a strand of white hair!! i know this sounds silly but is my hair already turning white?
Why else could i have white hair at a young age?

Posts: 43 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It probably really is just turning white. It happens to some people, in much the same way some people go bald young, too. There's not much to say about it, really. If it bothers you, there's a huge range of hair dyes available, or you could just keep it as one of those things that makes you unique.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

Daylight is good at arriving at the right time
It's not always going to be this grey

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RumpusParable
Activist
Member # 2295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RumpusParable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i started getting my first white/silver hairs when i was around 17-18 or so. not really noticeable due to my bleaching and dying constantly, but if my roots grow out a few can be found here and there.

personally, i was thrilled when i found my first one... then 2-3yrs later found i had a few more around my main part.

they haven't progressed much in the last 10yrs. as i said, i have one here.. one there... that sort of thing. while they started fairly early they haven't decided to take over lol. just a little variety up there on me.

Posts: 160 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita18
Activist
Member # 15951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't worry about it. I found my first white hair when I was 9, or around that age. I'm 20 now and my hair is still mostly black/dark brown. (My sister has some white hairs too, and she's younger than I am. My mom has relatively more white hairs, but it hasn't completely taken over her head.)

Sometimes individual hair follicles can be weird that way, I suppose. I have black hair that lightens easily in the sun, so I've found hairs that have been completely blonde, completely red, or hairs that have grown out completely white, or half-white half-black. It't not much, but they do come up periodically. I also lose a lot of hair in the shower, but I still have a lot of hair left, (I can't do anything with it besides put it in a ponytail, it's so heavy) so that doesn't bother me either.

Posts: 218 | From: CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tainted_lover
Neophyte
Member # 14860

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tainted_lover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey

i'm 15 and i have tons of white hair.
i dont exactly know why. but i have a lot of it. i can't even put my hair in a half pony tail without people looking at me shocked saying "omg do u know u have white hair"
i realize i do.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lavender533
Neophyte
Member # 16997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lavender533     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do know that people can get white hairs really young. Sometimes the hair just dies, but also sometimes it's because of malnutrition, dieting too much, dying your hair too much, etc etc...those can be causes but not always! Not cadoning illegal activity of course but if one has read Catcher in the Rye, he did convice the guy he was old enough to drink by showing his white hairs. :-p
Posts: 24 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sister found white hair on me when I was four :P

periodically i find one or too, I'm 19 now, and no biggie

Don't worry about it

Love,
Leni

------------------
dive into shine, even a deep darkness changes into shine, because i am believing the moment

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.