Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » too sensitive, too much crying

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: too sensitive, too much crying
frenchy
Activist
Member # 11720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frenchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wonderring how normal is crying over the littlest thing?
I used to cry i'd say a normal amount (when something big emotionally or physically hurt me).
About a 1.5 years ago though I had some counseling for a number of months, during it i was encouraged to cry to help talk about what was bothering me.
Now although out of counseling, i cry over the smallest things, like if i hear something sad even when its a story unrelated to me/anyone i know, or i say something thats bothering me etc. Things which usually doesn't make me cry, now does.
I cant controll it, i just have to cry. I'm sick of being so sensitive.
Is there any way around it?

Posts: 43 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkSailBoat
Neophyte
Member # 16234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PinkSailBoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Crying is a completely normal way of getting out emotions, and although you may think that crying about the smallest problems is annoying, but just think if you kept all of that emotion inside. Are you going through an emotional period in your life? My bestfriend is having alot of problems with her exboyfriend and she cries all of the time about the littest things. For example, her purse fell over in class the other day and acouple things fell out and she started bawling. With this said, evauate your situation, could your crying be apripos to some other conditions? If this is the case figure out what the situation is and go talk to a counselor. I get really emotional and cry all the time around that time of the month, this may be another factor furthering your crying. If none of these are the case then just know that crying is sometimes the best way to express what your thinking, and sometimes we all have to sit down and cry for awhile. So don't worry about it, having some time to cry and express what your feeling is a healthy way of being upset that won't cause any bodily harm. As long as you don't feel down and depressed all of the time you are totally normal!
Cheer up!
Hannah

------------------
"You have to forget about what other people say, when you're supposed to die, or when you're supposed to be loving. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven." -Jimmi Hendrix

Posts: 23 | From: Columbia, SC, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.