Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » My skin is doing odd things.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My skin is doing odd things.
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran a search for this, but couldn't find anything.

I've been finding somewhat odd, random spots of slightly darkened skin on my body. The first i found on my back in October, and since it was on my back i'm not sure how long it had been there. Anyway, I got it checked out pronto at health services at school, and the doctor who saw said it didn't look like skin cancer or anything dangerous (what it looks like most is actually a bruise, but it's not), and told me to come back if anything changed about it.

Fast forward a little to now, where i've got another (very small) one on my chest right above my left breast, and I think another is forming on my right shoulder. They're very small (the one on my back is bigger), and the one on my shoulder isn't darkened yet, but it's dry and flaky and red.

I tried to get a dermatologist appointment, but I go back to school in a week and they didn't have anything before then, so I'll just wait until I'm at school. The doctor at school originally said she thought it was caused by my bra strap rubbing on my skin, but I'm starting to think she's wrong. Anyone have any ideas while I wait to see a doctor?

put your hands on the wheel, let the golden age begin
let the window down, feel the moonlight on your skin
let the desert wind cool your aching head
let the weight of the world drift away instead

these days, i barely get by. i don't even try.

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dry and red and flakey describes something I used to have, but it was in circular patches just beneath my breasts. They never were painful or anything, they were just developed after not having been there. I can't remember what it was called (sorry!) but it wasn't anything serious, and was caused by a fungus (ugh). They were able to diagnose it by scraping off some of the flakey skin and checking it under a microscope while I waited, then they prescribed a cream which cleared it up pretty fast.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I've been there with the weird skin things.

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.