Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » after-sex bleeding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: after-sex bleeding
missempathy
Neophyte
Member # 16001

Icon 9 posted      Profile for missempathy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I had sex for the first time today (with a condom and spermicide, of course) and it hurt a lot. Now, I know I don't have a hymen- when I masturbate I don't feel anything, and I use tampons, so I'm assuming it's already broken. Can I assume that?

Anyway, so when we had sex, we were only thrusting for a short amount of time (I was on top) before I made him pull out- there was blood on the condom and blood dripping down my leg. We knew it was normal, we wiped it up and stopped. However, it's roughly 6 hours later and I'm still bleeding. And I know it's not my period- it's thin and watery, like blood mixed in with my own secretions.

If I don't have a hymen, what did he break, and why am I bleeding? Should I be alarmed? Should I see a doctor if I'm still bleeding tomorrow morning?

[Uh-oh...just realized this should be in Body & Soul. Terribly sorry...could a forum leader switch this for me? I was freaked out and didn't realize it at the time! :-( ]
------------------
My hopes are so high, that your kiss might kill me.
So won't you kill me?
So I'd die happy.
My heart is yours to fill or burst.
To break or bury, or wear as jewelry.
Whichever you prefer.
[hands down . dashboard confessional]

[This message has been edited by missempathy (edited 01-11-2004).]

Posts: 13 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
did you use water-based lube? lube definitely helps ease penetration.

hold off on all sexual activity until your injury heals. and in the future, use extra water-based lube and DITCH THE SPERMICIDE. Spermicide irritates your vagina and many people have bad reactions to it. Also, spermicide can also increase your likelihood of infection. by irritating the vaginal lining and allowing germs to pass through into your body.

as long as you let your injury heal up, your should stop bleeding soon enough. if the bleeding does persists for more than 3 or 4 days, then see a doctor to make sure your injuries aren't too severe.

------------------
It ain't the holidays till I see a Salad Shooter commercial.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.