Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Bodies » diet and acne?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: diet and acne?
reese
Neophyte
Member # 11409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello
i am so confused. some ppl say there is no connection bewtween diet and acne, and others say there is. i think im going to start eating healthier and drinking tons of water. even if that dusnt work, i thnk its a good step i barely eat fruits and barely drink water. has anybody noticed a change in there skin when they changed their dite and started drinking lots of water?

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that when I started drinking a lot more water that my face is a lot more clear. I don't know exactly what the connection is, but I know for sure that your water consumption makes a huge difference in your complexion.
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most medical researchers say that there isn't a connection between acne and diet, unless someone actually has an allergy to a specific food. And acne can be affected by lots of different factors, including stress and genetics.

One researcher has suggested that eating lots of high-glycemic index foods (such as white flour, white bread, white pasta, potatoes and sugary foods) might aggravate acne, but it isn't clear yet if there's any evidence to support this.

People's bodies are different - since acne can be affected by so many different things, what works for one person might not work for another.

Even if it doesn't help your acne, though, drinking enough water and eating lots of fruit and vegetables will do wonders for your general health.

And it may well help improve your skin too - for example, dehydration can make your skin look tired and grey. Drinking water will fix that, and a healthy diet will help your skin heal spots more quickly.

So it may not be a magic acne cure, but it might help and it will certainly benefit your health all-round .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.